Charlotte Schools' Healthy Progression
- Kids Lend a Hand to Sort Waste for Recycling. // Food Management;May2013, Vol. 48 Issue 5, p12
The article focuses on a foodservice program run by Christa Gowen, foodservice director of the Beeman Elementary School in New Haven, Vermont, in which the school district puts emphasis on healthy eating and motivates the students to help in sorting the waste for recycling.
- Elephans and giraffes stir school cafeteria biz. Blank, Christine // FoodService Director;02/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p64
Focuses on the cafeteria of the elementary school in Owlsey County, Kentucky, which contains life-size paintings of elephants, giraffes and palm trees on the walls. Indepth look at the design of the cafeteria; Details on the apparel of the foodservice staff; Comments from foodservice director...
- The Economics of a Healthy School Meal. Wilde, Parke; Kennedy, Mary // Choices: The Magazine of Food, Farm & Resource Issues;2009 3rd Quarter, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p25
The article reviews the school food service operations as a business by examining the cost of improving meals and the effect of offering healthier meals in revenues. It mentions that school food services will have a time when they will experience a decrease in revenue as the students are...
- A fruity idea. // Food Management;Jun99, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p16
Reports on the success of boxed fruit lunches served at the cafeteria of Cox Elementary School in Xenia, Ohio. Contents of the boxed fruit lunch; Background on the concept of serving fruit lunches; Appreciation from parents of vegetarian children; Drawbacks; Savings. INSET: Fruit dip (recipe)..
- Outstanding CafÃ© Program. Ambrose, Jenny // ACHPER Active & Healthy Magazine;2010, Vol. 17 Issue 3/4, p13
The article features the CafÃ©program of Term four at Lincoln Gardens Primary School (LGPS) in South Australia. The school is a Low socioeconomic status (SES) Category One Disadvantaged School, and with the limited options to travel and experience other cultures for students, librarian Jenny...
- MAKING SCHOOL MEALS ATTRACTIVE: Pasadena USD moves to fresh. // FoodService Director;10/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p6
Reports on the introduction of more casserole-type dishes at elementary school cafeterias in the Pasadena Unified School District in California, as of October 2003. Reason behind the move; Information on the food offerings at secondary schools in Pasadena; Plans for the beverages served at the...
- As Cafeterias Remodel: Schools serve outdoors. // FoodService Director;11/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p5
Reports on the Hard Hat Cafes operating outdoor at four elementary schools in Burbank School District, California while their cafeterias are being remodeled in 1999. Foods served at the outdoor makeshift cafeterias; Reactions of students to the Hard Hat Cafes.
- Dining in at school. // American School & University;Mar2005, Vol. 77 Issue 7, p17
Reports on the construction of Wetlands Cafe at Eisenhower Elementary School in Hopkins, Minnesota. Design of the architect for the cafeteria; Services offered by the cafeteria; Architect for the project.
- THANKS TO IN-CLASS SERVICE: B'fast up 100% in Alexandria Cty. // FoodService Director;5/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p8
Provides information on the decision of Maury Elementary School in Alexandria City, Virginia to offer bagged breakfast in the classrooms. Objectives of the program; Benefits of the program to the school; Variants in the menus offered.