Hospital Speeds Up Tray Service
- IN CINCY KIDS' HOSP.: F'court sales grow 15% yearly. // FoodService Director;6/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p1
Reports on the sales increase and improvement of the Press, Ganey ranking of the Cincinnati Children's Hospital's food service business in Ohio. Information on the food court sales of the hospital; Statement from Steve Desmond, director of hospitality services at the facility; Details on the...
- Capitalizing on expenditures. Hoppszallern, Suzanna // Materials Management in Health Care;Oct2002, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p36
Focuses on capital expenditures on clinical equipments in hospitals. Factors that affect long-term debt and hospitals' ability to raise capital; Challenges of capital expenditure for small and older hospitals; Statistics on the capital expenditure growth rate by hospital bed size from 1996 to 2000.
- Safety of patient meals in 2 hospitals in Alexandria, Egypt before and after training of food handlers. El Derea, H.; Salem, E.; Fawzi, M.; Abdel Azeem, M. // Eastern Mediterranean Health Journal;jul/aug2008, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p941
We assessed the food safety knowledge and food handling practices of 23 food handlers in 2 hospitals in Alexandria, Egypt [Gamal Abdel Nasser (GAN) and Medical Research Institute (MRI)] before and after a food safety training programme, and also the bacteriological quality of patient meals and...
- Mantaya provides the cure at Jersey Hospital. // Vending International;Jul2004, Vol. 38 Issue 7, p4
Reports that Mantaya UK Ltd., a national coffee equipment specialist, has supplied coffee making equipment to the main general hospital on the Channel Island of Jersey. Number of ThermoFresh brewing systems installed in the restaurant of the hospital; Functions of the brewing machine; Statement...
- 300 per cent more hospitals have 'excellent' food. // Nursing Standard;12/14/2005, Vol. 20 Issue 14-16, p5
The article discusses issues related to the tastiness and value for money of hospital food in Great Britain. According to a British Department of Health survey of more than 300 hospital trusts, Â£2.60 was spent on a main meal. But a survey of hospital caterers by independent broadcasters ITN...
- Minnesota Department of Health (MDH): 2015 Rural Hospital Capital Improvement Grant Program Application Cycle Begins. // Minnesota State Register;10/20/2014, Vol. 39 Issue 16, p549
The article offers information on the Rural Hospital Capital Improvement Grant Program conducted by the Minnesota Department of Health which provides grants to eligible small rural hospitals for replacing their aging hospital facilities and equipment.
- How to improve savings that average 26% a year for 10 years. Volk, Becky Ann // Healthcare Purchasing News;Mar2004, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p72
Describes how Uniontown Hospital in Uniontown, Pennsylvania has improved savings through implementation of an equipment asset management program. Departments of the hospital participating in the program; Products and services used by the hospital to enhance its asset management; Savings of the...
- More hospitals consider spoken menu options. // Food Management;Jan2000, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p14
Reports on hospitals' consideration for spoken menu options in the United States. Efforts of hospitals to increase customer satisfaction; Use of traditional and non-select menu selection process.
- BY 30%: Shands expands entree offerings. // FoodService Director;05/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p5
Reports on the menu cycle at Shands Hospital on Gainesville, Florida. Changes in the menu entrees; Information on weekend menus; Focus of the restaurant.