- On-site industry sustaining its efforts to be eco-friendly. Boss, Donna L. // Nation's Restaurant News;9/24/2007, Vol. 41 Issue 38, p44
The article offers some insights into sustainable and eco-friendly initiatives in restaurants and food service companies in the U.S. The Acterra Award for Sustainability was created by Stanford University to recognize businesses with holistic sustainability approaches and practices. Parkhurst...
- Someone Call a Cab? // Food Management;Jul2012, Vol. 47 Issue 7, p17
The article informs that a mobile restaurant called the Culinary Cab will be launched by Parkhurst Dining Services Inc. at Mercyhurst University in Erie, Pennsylvania, to provide various menu items to the campus community.
- Duquesne U.'s Red Ring Gets New "Owners," Menu. // FoodService Director;1/15/2014, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p13
The article reports on the efforts of Parkhurst Dining Services Inc., the contract management firm overseeing the foodservice at Duquesne University in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, to revamp the menu at the school's Red Ring restaurant by switching prepared frozen foods to doing more hand-make menus.
- Pleasure, Not Guilt. Lang, Joan // FoodService Director;5/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p69
The article focuses on the Mediterranean Diet strategy of Parkhurst Dining Services in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Chief executive officer (CEO) Nick Camody says their goal is to provide authentic, incredibly tasty food that is also healthy. They purchase as many fresh and minimally processed...
- PARKHURST STAYS FOCUSED AND: CURA records unit growth. // FoodService Director;9/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p32
Provides information on the growth of two subsidiaries of food service company Eat 'n Park in the U.S. CURA Hospitality; Parkhurst Dining Services.
- Parkhurst revs up in Cleveland. // FoodService Director;1/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p16
Reports on the success of Parkhurst Dining Services in taking over the foodservice operations at National City Center in Cleveland, Ohio. Statement from Bryan Marince, district manager, on the renovations made in the cafeteria; Number of seats in the cafeteria; Food stations in the cafeteria.
- Bill Albright. Elan, Elissa // Nation's Restaurant News;12/17/2007, Vol. 41 Issue 50, p36
The article presents an interview with Bill Albright, vice president of operations for Parkhurst Dining Services, a contract foodservice provider based in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. He describes some of the initiatives Parkhurst is planning for 2008 such as the Hemisflavors program. He explains...
- Court cafe is in session. // FoodService Director;10/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 10, p1
Reports on the sales generated by Parkhurst Dining Services with the reopening of Court Street Cafe in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Factors that contributed to the sales performance of the cafe; Products offered by the cafe; Target consumers.
- NEW CONTRACT SCOREBOARD. // FoodService Director;2/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p12
Presents a tabular representation of the contracts awarded to several food service companies in the U.S. Sodexho with University of Alabama Hospital in Birmingham; HDS Services with Lakeside Alternatives in Orlando, Florida; Parkhurst Dining Services with the National City Center in Cleveland,...