FAST FOOD: GOOD AND BAD
- Four big names lose. // Consumer Reports;Aug2011, Vol. 76 Issue 8, p18
The article presents results from a survey conducted by the journal regarding the dining experiences of consumers in U.S. fast-food chain restaurants. Issues covered within the survey included food costs, the quality of service within the restaurants and in drive-thru lanes, and ratings of the...
- You Want Fries With That? GOODE, J. J. // Details;Sep2009, Vol. 27 Issue 11, p236
The article evaluates several fast food offerings including 2X4 Animal Style burger from In-N-Out Burger, Spicy Bonafide Chicken from Popeye's Louisiana Kitchen and Waffle Potato Fries from Chick-fil-A.
- Quick bites. // Consumer Reports;Mar2001, Vol. 66 Issue 3, p44
Evaluates fast food chains, comparing fat, calories and sodium of some of the most popular offerings. Comparison of burgers, chicken sandwiches, and fish sandwiches at chains such as Burger Kings, McDonald's and Wendy's; Recommendations. INSETS: Where's the trans fat?;Strategic eating at the...
- Whopper stopper. // Marketing News;08/04/97, Vol. 31 Issue 16, p1
This article reports that McDonald's Corp. has come up with a new burger. The fast-food giant has been testing in selected markets in southern California a new sandwich called the Quarter Pounder Big and Tasty, which includes lettuce, tomato and mayonnaise. The burger, if it is eventually sold...
- Specialty bread offerings on the rise in QSR segment. Romeo, Peter // Nation's Restaurant News;8/8/2005, Vol. 39 Issue 32, p1
Reports on the increase in specialty bread offerings in fast food restaurants in the U.S. Reason for the increase; Positive impact of the trend on quick-service market; Strategies adopted by restaurant chains to coincide with the market trend.
- McDonalds Trims Supersized Portions. // PT: Magazine of Physical Therapy;Apr2004, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p11
Reports that McDonalds fast food chain began phasing out Supersize fries and drinks in its restaurants in the United States. Plan to stop selling them by the end of 2004; Phase out as part of the chain's Eat Smart, Be Active initiative; Other planned changes.
- Let them eat sandwiches: French chains' sites surpass McD, clones. Friedman // Nation's Restaurant News;10/11/99, Vol. 33 Issue 41, p94
Reports on the emergence of baguette sandwiches as competition to the American-style burgers and fries offered by fast food restaurants in Paris, France. Increase in the number of baguette sandwich shops; Cultural factors behind the rise in French sandwich chains.
- Is Wendy's Onto Something? // Dairy Foods;Sep2006, Vol. 107 Issue 9, p36
The article reports on the results of Dublin, Ohio-based restaurant chain, Wendy's study which showed that its customers prefer to dip French fries into its Vanilla Frosty product. Wendy's executive vice president Ian Rowden explains that the trend shows how people are personalizing their food...
- Best Place to Get a Sandwich. // Athens News;1/26/2015, p19
The article announces the Readers' Choice Awards given to best sandwich restaurants in Athens, Ohio, including Bagel Street Deli at first place, Brenen's Coffee CafÃ© at second place, and Kiser's Barbeque at third place.