China, India moving up
- Information Vehicles. // Trailer / Body Builders;Oct2007, Vol. 48 Issue 12, p128
A list of the publications released by the Truck Trailer Manufacturers Association is presented including "Trailer Hitches and Connections for Interchange Service," "Determination of Trailer Length and Width," and "Trailer Tracking Installation".
- TTMA convention a celebration. SAUER, BRUCE // Trailer / Body Builders;Jun2011, Vol. 52 Issue 8, p26
The article discusses the highlights of the 69th annual Truck Trailer Manufacturers Association (TTMA) convention that was held in Palm Springs, California from April 6 to 10, 2011. It featured a trailer forecast by FTR executive Eric Starks and an update on the global macroeconomic perspective...
- Writer's short block. McNutt, Buster // South Texas Automotive Report;Feb2012, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p6
In this article, the author shares the article topics that he made which was not published in his column in the "South Texas Automotive Report." These include clothing optional friendly automobiles, kitchen-in-the-car and historic clunker registry. Other topics include legislation to allow...
- Remembering the Alamo at TTMA. Sauer, Bruce // Trailer / Body Builders;Jun2008, Vol. 49 Issue 8, p4
The article discusses the highlights of the 65th annual Truck Trailer Manufacturers Association (TTMA) convention at Alamo in San Antonio, Texas. Notable speakers who provided lecture included 21st Century Forecasting president Don Reynolds and ACT Research senior partner Ken Vieth. Some of the...
- Japan's Carmakers Have a Problem. Taylor III, Alex // Fortune;11/27/1995, Vol. 132 Issue 11, p36
Opinion. Describes what the author calls `silly' themes at the 1995 biennial Tokyo Motor Show and some of the new designs for the conventional sedan. Higher roofs; Shorter wheelbases; Made for driving the streets of Bangkok, Jakarta, and Shanghai; Reasons why this new market is necessary;...
- Companies try to bridge design-manufacturing gap. Jewett, Dale // Automotive News;5/26/1997, Vol. 71 Issue 5714, p33E
Presents the results of a survey on the gap between product design and manufacturing in the United States automobile industry conducted by the Society of Automotive Engineers. Debate between shop floor managers on whether to train workers to operate more complex equipment, or to create...
- The next big thing. Pund, Daniel // AutoWeek;04/05/99, Vol. 49 Issue 15, p20
Focuses on developments related to automobile industry as of April 5, 1999. Automobile design innovations introduced during car shows; Changes in the passenger car market; Platform sharing among car models.
- Bright ideas and the ... Um, not so bright. // AutoWeek;04/05/99, Vol. 49 Issue 15, p22
Presents various innovations in automobile design as of April 5, 1999. Includes Saturn's three-door coupe; Ford Mustang's independent rear suspension; Heated steering wheels.
- Concept cars dot com. Lassa, Todd; Pund, Daniel // AutoWeek;09/20/99, Vol. 49 Issue 39, p6
Features two cars in the 1999 Frankfurt Auto Show in Germany. Opel Omega V8.com by General Motors and Saab 9-5 by Delphi; Design and construction of Omega and Saab; Application of high technology in the construction of the cars.