Survey: 32% plan to buy power units in 2Q
- Delicate shoots. Ball, Jennifer // Commercial Motor;3/17/2005, Vol. 201 Issue 5120, p20
Examines the results of the "Quarterly Transport Activity Survey" conducted by the Freight Transport Association in Great Britain. Increase in the activity levels of the transportation sector in the fourth quarter of 2004; Outlook for activity levels in the first quarter of 2005; Challenges...
- ON THE RIGHT TRACKS? Braun, Max // Commercial Motor;12/21/2006, Vol. 204 Issue 5209, p60
The article presents information related to the road transport industry in South Africa. According to a survey, 83% of the billion-plus tonnes of freight moved in South Africa during the year 2005 was hauled by trucks. The rapid rise in road transport's share of overall freight movements began...
- SUNSET ERF. // Truck & Driver;Sep2003, p29
This article presents a photograph of an ERF truck. The truck works at Sun Chemical Corp., which makes printing ink for newspapers and magazines in Watford.
- Ruby Wax. // Truck & Driver;Sep2005, p18
The article focuses on Commercial Vehicle & Road Transport Club's Classic Commercial Motor Show. Celebrating its 40th birthday this year, the Commercial Vehicle & Road Transport Club put on the biggest and best Classic Commercial Motor Show ever seen within the grounds of the Heritage Motor...
- Web shopping boom helps LCV sales. Weernink, Wim Oude // Automotive News Europe;5/31/2004, Vol. 9 Issue 11, p15
Deals with the possible implications of expanding consumer use of the Internet for commercial vehicles sales. Increase in sales of car-derived vans; Automakers which benefited from the recovery of light commercial vehicle sales; Market leaders in medium vans.
- UK CV makers hard at work. Barnett, Colin // Commercial Motor;7/31/2003, Vol. 198 Issue 5039, p20
Looks at the state of commercial vehicle (CV) manufacturing in Great Britain. Rise in CV production, according to the Office for National Statistics; Details on van production.
- New cars moved like molasses in January. Teahen Jr., John K. // Automotive News;2/9/2004, Vol. 78 Issue 6079, p75
While total U.S. light-vehicle sales rose last month, sales of new cars fell to their lowest January total in more than 40 years. The tally of 511,523 marked the first time since 1962 that January sales were close to the 500,000 mark. The overall 3.2 percent increase in the sale of cars and...
- Dodge Dakota gets bigger for '05. Truett, Richard // Automotive News;2/9/2004, Vol. 78 Issue 6079, p6
Automobile company Chrysler Corp. will combat a new crop of mid-sized trucks from competitors with a bigger, more powerful version of the Dakota. Chrysler group officials claim the new Dakota, scheduled to go on sale this summer, has more interior room, can tow larger loads and has the most...
- Spring into fall. Williams, Terry // Fleet Owner;Feb2005, Vol. 100 Issue 2, p64
This article reports on the model-year changeover for commercial trucks. No matter when a model-year changeover occurs, there will always be a decrease in the used value of the current model-year vehicles, as well as a slowdown in sales. It's the fact that the model-year changeover is so out of...