Trailer orders prove weaker in April
- Rates heat up along with temps. // Overdrive;Aug2012, Vol. 52 Issue 8, p24
The article offers information on rate of demand for dry van, flatbed, and reefer wherein dry van rates topped $2 in June 2012 and reefer rates hit their highest level in 2011-2012.
- Trailer orders fall sharply. // Fleet Owner Exclusive Insight;5/28/2015, p6
The article reports on the significant decline in trailer order activity in the U.S. in April 2015, impacting the dry van and flatbed segments.
- Two out of three for Texas. // Commercial Carrier Journal;Jun2006, Vol. 163 Issue 6, p15
The article provides information on the result of the "Common Carrier Journal" Equipment Demand Index, a means of measuring and illustrating the volume of spot-market freight for van and flatbed equipment in the U.S., in July 2005. In the said period, Texas ranked first in dry, van searches,...
- Rebuilding trailers. // American Trucker;May2012, p10
The article reports that Fontaine Trailer is introducing a flatbed and intermodal chassis rebuild program that draws from its expertise rebuilding similar units under contract for the U.S. military.
- September Trailer Orders Crush Expectations: FTR. // Trailer/Body Builders Exclusive Insight;10/23/2015, p1
The article reports according to transport research firm FTR on above expectations trailer orders for September 2015 including high Dry-van trailer orders, Liquid tank orders, and slowing down in the flatbed truck orders.
- Trailer orders up 45% for first half of 2014. // Trailer / Body Builders;Aug2014, Vol. 55 Issue 10, p8
The article discusses the "State of the Industry: US Trailers" report published by ACT Research Co. as of August 2014 which mentioned the increase in June 2014 net orders for trailers in the U.S.
- Aluminum curtainside trailer. // American Trucker;Nov2013, p12
The article offers a preview of East Manufacturing's all-aluminum flatbed trailer with narrow-neck design.
- in brief. // Commercial Carrier Journal;Dec2009, Vol. 166 Issue 12, p18
This section offers news briefs on the trucking industry in the U.S. as of December 2009. An Open Deck Division for member carriers operating flatbed, gooseneck and other open specialized trailers has been established by the Truckload Carriers Association. The Bureau of Transportation Statistics...
- Trailer shipments remain strong in first quarter. // Trailer / Body Builders;May2006, Vol. 47 Issue 7, p5
Reports on the performance of trailer shipments in the U.S. in the first quarter of 2006. Percentage increase in flatbed trucking; Containers, container chassis and converter dollies shipments; Factors that could improve trailer demand, including strong trucker profits.