- A STUDY ON THE DEVELOPMENT OF ONLINE MICRO-LENDING COMMUNITY IN NORTH BENGAL. MOITRA, DIPANJAN; MALLICK, SANMOY // International Journal of Research in Commerce, IT & Management;Apr2014, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p26
With the advent of web 2.0, a new kind of lending is becoming popular on the internet, termed peer-to-peer lending or social lending. A few of the leaders among such commercial lending websites are Zopa (Europe), Kiva (US), Milaap (India), etc. The development of such an online microfinance...
- Alternative funding. Stevens-Huffman, Leslie // Smart Business Northern California;Apr2012, Vol. 5 Issue 5, p18
An interview with California State University's finance professor Eric Fricke is presented. When asked about how alternative financing can help small businesses grow, he refers to the up-front capital offering when traditional commercial loans are not available. Fricke discusses appropriate use...
- Filings Indicate SCOR is Too Small. // SCOR Report;2001 Mid-Year Review, Vol. 8 Issue 10, p1
Presents an update on venture capital filings in the U.S. as of the second quarter of 2001.
- Trading a little piece of equity for a shot at big growth. Ragland, Larry // Business Press;4/26/96, Vol. 8 Issue 52, p17
Reports on the availability of financial funds for small businesses in Texas. Demands on financial resources of firms; Difficulty of obtaining loans; Role of venture capitalist; Contact information.
- Small-business break. Newman, Richard J.; Podolsky, Doug // U.S. News & World Report;2/27/95, Vol. 118 Issue 8, p76
Reports that it is getting easier to get cash to start up or expand a business. Brief information on the launch of a two-year pilot program by the Small Business Administration; Contact point.
- Capital provides fodder for growth. Feldstein, Don // Business Journal (Central New York);01/08/99, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p13
Focuses on the need for small businesses to generate additional venture capital in order to prevent a potential cash-flow management crisis. Suggestions offered by the American Express Small Business Services in averting a potential cash-flow management crisis; Advice to small businesses to...
- Structuring a winning VC deal. Schaepe, Christopher // Electronic News;05/04/98, Vol. 44 Issue 2217, p38
Provides guidelines that entrepreneurs running startup firms should consider in order to achieve a successful venture capital (VC) deal. Proper advice from lawyers before a fund-raising effort; Financing requirements; Assessment of developmental needs; Valuation comparables; Identification of...
- Unveiling the venture capitalist's strategies. Clark // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);10/01/99, Vol. 46 Issue 40, p48A
Presents questions which will most likely asked by financiers to assess the preparedness of a small business seeking venture capital. Market size; Market depth; Pay-back period.
- Small still beautiful to some. Kavanagh, John // BRW;9/5/2002, Vol. 24 Issue 35, p71
Reports on the preference of venture capital funds in Australia for small and medium size business sector against an opposite trend in the Australian market. Benefits and disadvantages to companies doing small venture capital deals; Preferences of various venture capital companies for big or...