Pearson Reorganizes K-12 and College Businesses to Focus on Solutions Selling
- Made-to-Order Restructuring. Scuka, Daniel // J@pan Inc.;Dec2000, Issue 14, p64
Focuses on the reorganization of AlphaBrain Corp., an application service provider and business-to-business exchange in Japan. Bankruptcy faced by the company; Overview of the firm's restructuring effort; Information on the Alpha 8 Web-based made-to-order parts estimation application introduced...
- Pearson Education Creates New Group Focusing On Supplementals. // Educational Marketer;11/13/2000, Vol. 31 Issue 32, p2
Focuses on the group formed by publisher Pearson Education.
- Pearson Education Re-Brands Across K-12 And Higher Ed to Leverage its Various Product Lines. // Educational Marketer;11/18/2002, Vol. 33 Issue 33, p1
Reports on U.S. educational publisher Pearson Education's re-branding program across its K-12 and college products in order to leverage its product line.
- Pearson Sees Slow Acquisition Market In 2003; Focuses on Organic Growth. // Electronic Education Report;3/14/2003, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p4
Details instructional software publisher Pearson Education Inc.'s plan to focus on growth through its school and college divisions in 2003.
- FRONT-RUNNER AGILERA SLOWS DOWN. Cone, Edward // Interactive Week;5/28/2001, Vol. 8 Issue 21, p37
Deals with the slowdown of the business growth of application service provider (ASP) Agilera. Workforce layoffs at Agilera; Issue facing ASP; Amount of funding received by Agilera from its backers; Actions taken by the company toward restructuring; Target market of the company.
- Higher Education and Professional Businesses Drive 6% Revenue Growth in 2002 at Pearson Education. // Educational Marketer;3/10/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 8, p1
Reports on Pearson Education Inc.'s 2003 revenues from its U.S. educational publishing business.
- Pearson Education Storms the Alamo to Capture 33% Of the $233.7 Million Texas Social Studies Adoption. // Educational Marketer;8/04/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 22, p1
Reports on the decision of electronic publishing firm Pearson Education Inc, in adopting the ï¿½Scott Foresman Social Studies&rqduo; program in Texas. Percentage of the share nationwide; Significance of instructional material; Level of state budget problems.
- Pearson Ed. Software Biz Declines 12%; CEO Sees Modest 2003 Recovery. // Electronic Education Report;3/14/2003, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p3
Reports on the financial performance of instructional software publisher, Pearson Education Inc., in 2002.
- Pearson Tops Simba's Annual Ranking of Instructional Software Publishers As Plato Climbs. // Electronic Education Report;12/10/2004, Vol. 11 Issue 24, p1
The article reports that Pearson Education, Saddle River, New Jersey, the largest educational publisher in the U.S., tops Simba's annual ranking of instructional software publishers. It informs that after several years of external pressure from a weak economy, changing educational demands and...