- S&N board shake-up plan denied. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;1/24/2002, Vol. 191 Issue 4206, p12
Presents information on the speculations that British brewer Scottish & Newcastle hired officers to search for a replacement for its executive chairman. Reason behind the alleged move of the company.
- THE FIRM. // Food Manufacture;Apr2003, Vol. 78 Issue 4, p64
Offers information on Great Britain's largest brewery, Scottish & Newcastle PLC. Company history; Product line; Business strategy.
- S&N keeps optimistic. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;9/5/2002, Vol. 191 Issue 4238, p14
Reports on the economic condition of Scottish & Newcastle in Great Britain. Factors which affected the retail business; Trend in sales; Assessment made by chairman Brian Stewart.
- Ale importer considers 4 Calif. shops. Voight, Joan; Khermouch, Gerry // Adweek Western Edition;06/09/97, Vol. 47 Issue 23, p4
Reports that Scottish and Newcastle Importers has compiled a list of four Northern California contenders in its search for its first United States advertising agency. What the client is looking for; What the winning agency will provide; Information on the company.
- Review. // Campaign;10/24/97, Issue 43, p5
Reports that John Nicolson is resigning as the marketing director of Scottish Courage and chairman of Beamish to become corporate development director of the Scottish & Newcastle.
- The courage of his convictions. Bright, Julia // Director;Oct95, Vol. 49 Issue 3, p114
Profiles Alick Rankin, chairman of Scottish and Newcastle. Greatest personal influence on his life; Best decision made; Greatest regret; Most admired chief executive; Most difficult task as chief executive; Management style; Guiding principles; Favorite saying; Most over-used words; Greatest...
- Courage boss Nicolson nets top S&N role. // Marketing Week;10/23/1997, Vol. 20 Issue 30, p7
Announces the appointment of Scottish Courage marketing director John Nicolson as Scottish & Newcastle's corporate development director. Duties and responsibilities; Nicolson's success in handling the merged Courage and S&N portfolio.
- S&N opens `Mediterranean' chain. // Marketing Week;2/4/1999, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p7
Reports on Scottish & Newcastle's launch of a Mediterranean Region-style restaurant chain called De:aLto. Hiring of staff for the first outlet at the Bluewater shopping complex in Kent, England; Basic descriptions of the concept; Targeted customers for the restaurant.
- Plan Your Fridge. Dorrell, Ed // New Media Age;5/22/2008, p52
The article reviews the Web site Plan Your Fridge, available at planyourfridge.com, from Scottish & Newcastle.