Nursing shortage crisis
- CRS: There's no nursing shortage. // Healthcare Purchasing News;Jul2001, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p7
Relates the report of the U.S. Congressional Research Service on the nonexistence of nursing shortage. Statistics on the supply of nurses until 2008; Number of registered nurses that would exceed the country's demand; Legislation introduced in the U.S. House concerning incentives for entering...
- Sharp Rise in Recruitment Fails to Plug Nursing Gap. Darmiento, Laurence // Orange County Business Journal;2/10/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p22
Reports on the recruitment of nurses by various hospitals in California. Offer of cash bonuses; Increase in the incentive package offered to nurses; Payment of housing and tuition for continuing education.
- Nursing board works to stave off predicted shortage. Reed, Vita // Las Vegas Business Press;07/27/98, Vol. 15 Issue 30, p1
Reports that the nursing licensing board in Nevada is working to stave off predicted shortage of nurses. Nurses being trained to replace baby boomers; Shortage of experienced nurses in certain specialties; Nursing help-wanted advertisements.
- Local hospitals expand, but staffing issues remain. King, Pat // Las Vegas Business Press;09/25/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 38, p18
Reports on the nursing shortage in Las Vegas, Nevada, hospitals. Challenges facing hospitals in attracting nurses; Recruitment packages offered; Hospital expansion projects in the area.
- Inside Info. // People's Medical Society Newsletter;Dec2002, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p2
Discusses the findings of a report on the shortage of nurses in the U.S.
- Staffing Watch. // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;Jun2001, Vol. 75 Issue 6, p26
Reports on the effort taken by the Decatur Area Task Force for Nursing to ease the nursing shortage. Details of the programs it launched across the United States; Information on its Website.
- Nursing. Solovy, Alden; Towne, Jennifer // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;2003 Digest of Healtcare, p21
Presents forecasts on the supply and demand for nurses in the U.S. from 2002 to 2020. Percentage of hospitals that face shortages of registered nurses according to a study by Deloitte & Touche; Shortage of nurse's aides and Licensed Practical Nurse in U.S. hospitals; Possibility of widening gap...
- WANTED: One Million Nurses. Yin, Sandra // American Demographics;Sep2002, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p62
Talks about the shortage of nurses in the U.S. as of September 2002. Factors which contribute to the shortage of nurses; Average rate of decline of enrollment in nursing programs since 1993; Efforts of hospitals to address the shortage.
- Healthcare Community Tries Innovative Approaches to Solving a National Crisis. Maes, Sloan // ONS News;May2002, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p1
Part I. Focuses on the efforts to address nursing shortage in the U.S. Details of a nursing collaborative project between the Sacramento City College and California State University; Retention of nurses through the pursuit of the Magnet Nursing Services Recognition Award; Creation of a nursing...