Unions accept tiered pensions
- California Retirement Funds Taking Stock of Enron's Effect on Portfolios. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;1/24/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31310, p29
Reports on the review of retirement fund portfolios by California cities and counties to determine the effect of Enron Corp.'s collapse on the funds. Position of the California pension fund in the U.S. in terms of its size; Profits earned by the portfolio; Loss suffered by certain portfolios.
- East, West face same problems in Europe. Kielmas, Maria // Business Insurance;03/30/98, Vol. 32 Issue 13, p23
States that Eastern Europe face the similar problems to Western Europe with pension provisions in relation to transition economies. Indepth look at the aging population, decreasing salaries, industrial output and rising salaries; Details on pension reform; Comments from leader for Pensions and...
- Montana showcases problem in work comp records privacy. Fletcher, Meg // Business Insurance;05/11/98, Vol. 32 Issue 19, p2
States that workers compensation claimants' medical records illustrate the complexity of the problem and possible solutions for employers and policy makers nationwide, after a continuing controversy in Montana over broad disclosure. Indepth look at the Montana controversy; Identification of the...
- Pension problem. // Consumers' Research Magazine;Feb1993, Vol. 76 Issue 2, p6
Comments that, according to the General Accounting Office (GAO), the next savings and loan-type scandal that could hit taxpayers might be the federal program that insures corporate pensions. Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation (PBGC); Comment from James B. Lockhart III of the PBGC; Details.
- Actuaries castigate Government for turning firms away from pensions. // Money Marketing;9/11/2003, p9
Reports on the claim of the Association of Consulting Actuaries (ACA) that the government is failing to put enough priority on encouraging employees and employers to make pension contributions in Great Britain. Claim of ACA chairman Gordon Pollock that the government's reform proposals have...
- The evolution of the voluntary compliance resolution (VCR) program under Revenue Procedure 94-62. Segal, Mark A.; Bird, Bruce M. // Employee Benefits Journal;Sep95, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p31
Presents a feature on the voluntary compliance resolution (VCR) program that permits an employer to correct certain operational defects of a compensation plan without jeopardizing its qualified status. Benefits of the program; Ways of adopting the programs; Conclusion.
- U.K. panel pushes pension system overhaul. Chernoff, Joel // Pensions & Investments;2/5/96, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p14
Reports that a United Kingdom panel has proposed an overhaul of the British pension system, including mandatory participation in a second-tier pension system. Creation of a national Pension Scheme; Problem of dwindling basic state pensions; Benefits of a second-tier system.
- French execs urge pension reform plan. // Pensions & Investments;2/5/96, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p14
Reports that French business executives are pressing for private pension reform despite the hesitancy of the government to act on pension reform. Issuing of a charter for savings and retirement funds by France Pensions, a think tank composed of major companies; Features of the charter.
- Hard medicine cures Belgian fund. Chernoff, Joel // Pensions & Investments;8/05/96, Vol. 24 Issue 16, p16
Reports on the steps taken by Belgian authorities to narrow a deficit in the pension fund for doctors, dentists and pharmacists. Conversion of a pay-as-you-go plan into an advance-funded vehicle with individualized accounts; Reactions of members of the Voorzorgskas voor Geneesheren, Tandartsen...