Broadmoor primed for its `domestic works council'
- A test of commitment. Thatcher, Mike // People Management;2/5/1998, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p30
Describes issues facing the Broadmoor Special Hospital in Berkshire, England and the changes initiated by Kevin Cheatle, director for human resources. Campaign against the hospital by the tabloid `Mail on Sunday's'; Allegations by members of the Prison Officers' Association; Results of the...
- Medical administration in a multidistrict psychiatric hospital. Langley, G.E. // British Medical Journal;5/28/1977, Vol. 1 Issue 6073, p1425
Discusses administration by psychiatric hospitals over more than one district. Administration of individual sectors; Difficulties in co-ordinating services; Sources of tension.
- Mental healthcare industry suffers another bad year. Lutz, Sandy // Modern Healthcare;1/2/95, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p49
Reports on the options of the psychiatric hospital industry in 1995. Problems in 1994; Need for mental healthcare; Confusion over the efficiency of treatment settings; Facilities of the Charter Medical Corporation.
- Quel est l'avenir du Centre hospitalier Louis-H. Lafontaine ? Wallot, Hubert // Sante Mentale au Quebec;ete2015, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p65
No abstract available.
- A Canadian Mystic . // Horizon Canada (English edition);Jan2001, pN.PAG
Focuses on the life and career of psychiatrist Richard Maurice Burke in Canada. Entry into the medical school at McGill University; Application of human treatment techniques in a mental hospital; Popularity for mysticism.
- Current practices in managing acutely disturbed patients at three hospitals in Rio de Janeiro-Brazil: a prevalence study. Huf, Gisele; Coutinho, Evandro da Silva Freire; Fagundes Jr., Hugo M.; Oliveira, Edmar S.; Lopez, Jose Ramon R. A.; Gewandszajder, Marcio; Carvalho, Andreia da Luz; Keusen, Alexandre; Adams, Clive E. // BMC Psychiatry;2002, Vol. 2, p4
Background: The medical management of aggressive and violent behaviour is a critical situation for which there is little evidence. In order to prepare for a randomised trial, due to start in the psychiatric emergency rooms of Rio de Janeiro in 2001, a survey of current practice was necessary....
- The acme of efficiency. Gibson, Alan // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);5/1/2004, Vol. 328 Issue 7447, p1050
Offers a first-hand account of one psychiatrist's experience in a mental hospital in England, 1955. Treatment of patients with electroconvulsive therapy; Use of anesthesia during treatment.
- Benchmarking psychiatric intensive care units (PICU) in a metropolitan area. van Wijk, Cecile Gijsbers; Dekker, Jack; Koppelmans, Vincent; Schoevers, Robert // BMC Psychiatry;2007 Supplement 1, Vol. 7, Special section p1
Background With the deinstitutionalization of the last 30 years, psychiatric patients who where formerly housed and treated in large-scale mental hospitals in the country-side, were transferred to the cities and encouraged to rehabilitate and reintegrate in society, with the help of ambulatory...
- The Psychiatrist as Administrator: The Career of W. F. Theunissen in the Dutch East Indies. Pols, Hans // Health & History: Journal of the Australian & New Zealand Societ;2012, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p143
W. F. Theunissen (1882--1961) was a leading psychiatrist in the Dutch East Indies. He was the medical director of several large mental hospitals after which he became director of the Dutch East Indies Public Health Service. Theunissen was not known for his research into the causes of mental...