N.Y. fed report evaluates electronic trading
- Survival of the Fittest. Keeler, Daniel // Global Finance;Mar2000, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p33
Details the impact of the alternative electronic trading systems on the futures market. How the introduction of alternative trading systems are viewed; Futures exchanges that have been successful in electronic trading; Benefits of the systems.
- Liffe's U.S. network put on hold, pending CFTC talks. Stirland, Sarah // Securities Industry News;03/29/99, Vol. 11 Issue 13, p6
Reports on the London International Financial Futures Exchange's postponement of all development on its network hubs in the United States, for its electronic trading platform. Proposed rules governing the access of international futures and options exchanges to the domestic market which...
- Futures Exchanges Eager to Make Jump to E-Trading. Schroeder, Mary // Securities Industry News;11/27/2000, Vol. 12 Issue 44, p13
Reports on electronic trading at global futures exchanges. Results of a survey of futures exchanges conducted by TowerGroup; Plan of exchanges to reduce their information technology staff.
- Buying time. Burke, Gibbons // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Nov97, Vol. 26 Issue 13, p64
Presents the Band-X, a Web venture which allows companies to buy and sell minutes of access time for long-distance communications networks. Examples of other abstract tradable futures contracts; Mechanics in the Band-X bidding process; Forecasts on the future of Band-X.
- Gentlemen, start your exchanges. Mosser, Mike; Codding, Jamey // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Jun2000, Vol. 29 Issue 7, p76
Part I. Presents a sampling of electronic exchanges currently online or what could be opening within a year. International Securities Exchange; FutureCom, the first electronic agricultural futures exchange; List of major futures exchanges that are changing to all-electronic trading; List of...
- Hot seats/hot markets. // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Aug99, Vol. 28 Issue 8, p12
Reports on the price decline in the United States futures industry last July 1999. Effect of the concern about the dominance of electronic trading; Recovery of the traders from the knee-jerk reaction.
- Informational CTAs: Not out of the woods yet. Knauf, Christopher // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Aug99, Vol. 28 Issue 8, p68
Discusses guidelines of the United States futures market for dealing with qualified traders online. Evaluation of customer interaction; Warning on dealing with third parties; Resources for checking registration history and disciplinary information. INSETS: Sources to check;Legal-ease.
- Clearing new front in ICE/Nymex feud. Collins, Daniel P. // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Mar2003, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p14
Reports on developments in the dispute between the New York Mercantile Exchange (Nymex) and the Intercontinental Exchange (ICE). Impact of the auditing scandal of Enron; Nymex's Clearport electronic trading system; Electronic swap futures contracts.
- Instinet Fixed Income Goes Hub and Spoke With API. Kite, Shane // Securities Industry News;07/10/2000, Vol. 12 Issue 26, p7
Reports on Instinet's decision to add application programming interface (API) feeds to its Instinet Fixed Income trading system for connectivity with various futures exchanges. Company's plan to link the platform to German-Swiss futures exchange Eurex by the end of 2000; Benefits offered by the...