Sharp drop in debt issuance belies strength in market
- Different routes to success. Wolosky, Howard W. // Practical Accountant;Apr98, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p42
Focuses on the economy in western United States. Comments from the President of Clark Nuber CPAs, Todd Hatch; Statistical data on Clark Nuber CPAs; Explanations from the Managing Partner of Nigro, Karlin and Segal, Mickey Segal.
- Western update. Mattey, Joe; Dean, Steve // FRBSF Weekly Letter;2/17/95, Vol. 95 Issue 7, p1
Looks at the 1994 performance of the Twelfth Federal Reserve District state by state. Acceleration of growth in California; Increase in economic activity in Oregon, Washington and Arizona; Brisk economic growth in Idaho, Nevada and Utah; Addition of jobs in Alaska; Stabilized labor market...
- The Rocky Mountain West region in transition. Rosenberg, Emily S. // Montana Business Quarterly;Winter92, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p2
Focuses on the Rocky Mountain West region's economic and cultural diversification. Consequences of the region's former dependence on the extraction of natural resources and cultural uniformity; Federal expenditures; Events forcing economic diversification of the region; Contradictions of...
- Sky's the limit. Bonfante, Jordan; Dawson, Patrick // Time;9/6/1993, Vol. 142 Issue 10, p20
Considers the six states that form the spine of the Rocky Mountains, Montana, Idaho, Utah, Colorado, Wyoming and New Mexico, where economic growth since 1991 has regularly exceeded five percent and unemployment stands at 5.4 percent. Rockies increasingly regarded as America's heartland; Region...
- Is the Worst Over? States Look Ahead to Bonding & Building. Williams, Rochelle; Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;2/11/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31322, p68A
Focuses on the economic condition of Far West region of the U.S. in the fiscal year 2002. Economic condition of the technology industry of the region; Budgetary deficit that California will face by the end of fiscal 2003; Major company of Washington that announced massive layoffs; Impact of the...
- Far West Invisible Supply. // Bond Buyer;12/03/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30780, p29
Presents a chart on the sales of bonds in the Western states of the United States. List of states who issued revenue bonds; Amount of bonds sold; Approval status and expected date sale.
- The West. // Capitol Ideas;Mar/Apr2010, Vol. 53 Issue 2, p9
The article offers news briefs related to the economic condition in the western part of the U.S. including foreclosures as the key to economic recovery in Arizona, a 116,100 lost of construction jobs in 2009 in California and the plan of Colorado to cut its pension fund through a Senate Bill 1...
- A FACTOR ANALYSIS OF THE ECONOMIES OF THE SEVENTEEN WESTERN STATES. Lawson, Robert D.; Rice, Charles W. // Annals of Regional Science;Dec69, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p211
Examines the applicability of factor analysis to the study of economic problems in Western States. Classification and interpretation of factor loadings; Objectivity of factor analysis; Occurrence of subjectivity in the selection of variables; Economic hypothesis derived from factor analysis.
- Study: Pacific West cities see positive long-term outlook. // Buildings;May94, Vol. 88 Issue 5, p28
Reports on a study suggesting that the metropolitan areas in the Pacific West are well-positioned for long-term economic growth. Price Waterhouse Real Estate Group; Implications for several real estate sectors.