- INDICATOR. // People Management;11/15/2007, Vol. 13 Issue 23, p94
The article presents statistics on topics related to the British labor market including the unemployment rate, average earnings excluding bonuses, and the number of new jobs created across Britain's key industries.
- INDICATOR. // People Management;10/13/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 20, p114
The article presents statistics related to the labor market in Great Britain as of October 2005, including the level of unemployment in the country in the first three months to July, the increase in average earnings excluding bonuses in the year to July compared in June and the estimated number...
- Job creation statistics come in on target - for a change. Thredgold, Jeff // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;9/13/2004, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p11
Offers observation on the employment statistics in the U.S. in 2004. Number of new jobs as of August 2004; Decline in the unemployment rate; Implications of the employment news for the campaign of U.S. presidential candidates; Problems in the labor market since 2000; Outlook for employment...
- Wages. // U.S. Industry Quarterly Review: Labor;Jan2014, p1
This publication offers wage forecasts in the U.S. in 2014. Topics covered include a decline in unemployment, a drop in labor participation, and wage growth for skilled workers. The labor market in the country is also expected to face shortages in skilled workers, especially in the oil, gas and...
- Concerted Efforts Needed to Overcome Youth Unemployment. Choongsoo, Kim // Korea Focus;May/Jun2004, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p42
Assesses efforts to overcome youth unemployment in South Korea. Unemployment rate; Economic and social consequences associated with a high rate of youth unemployment; Role of the government in addressing the increasing demands for job creation for young people; Factors contributing to Korea's...
- Unemployment hits 33-year low. // BRW;10/25/2007, Vol. 29 Issue 42, p27
The article reports that unemployment in Australia hit its 33-year low in September 2007 as labor market continues to tighten, according to the Australian Bureau of Statistics. The number of unemployed Australians decreased by 11,600 to 460,700 in September 2007 while the number of jobs...
- Unemployment Here Remains Under 4 Percent. Allen, Mike // San Diego Business Journal;11/22/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 47, p4
Reports that unemployment rate in San Diego County, California remains under four percent in October 2004, the third consecutive month that the trend was observed. Sectors where new jobs were mostly created; Companies that have reported an increase in number of employees.
- Regularly published statistics. // Labour Market Trends;Jul2004 Supplement, Vol. 112, pS5
Provides information on regularly published labor market statistics in Great Britain as of July 2004. Employment and productivity; Unemployment; Earnings and unit wage costs; Job vacancies.
- Unemployment and Vacancy Fluctuations in the Matching Model: Inspecting the Mechanism. Hornstein, Andreas; Krusell, Per; Violante, Giovanni L. // Economic Quarterly (10697225);Summer2005, Vol. 91 Issue 3, p19
Investigates the mechanism of unemployment and job vacancy fluctuations using the basic matching model, also known as the Mortensen-Pissarides model. Analysis of job vacancy fluctuations at the business-cycle frequencies; Overview of wages and labor share; Details of a frictional labor market;...