- First Direct banks on perks. // Employee Benefits;Aug2007, p11
The article reports on the launching of a recognition scheme with gift vouchers and thank you cards by First Direct Corp. to boost staff motivation in Great Britain. Line managers at the bank will receive training on how to recognize employees who have performed well in the workplace. They will...
- You can bank on it. Johnson, Jim // Waste News;1/21/2008, Vol. 13 Issue 19, p1
The article presents a study of the world's largest banks which shows that there has been unimaginable progress in the sector regarding climate change compared to just a few years ago. The group examined 40 of the globe's largest banks with an eye on their work regarding global warming. The...
- First Direct repositions with new image to mark decade. Whitfield, Paul // Marketing (00253650);9/9/1999, p3
Reports on British bank First Direct Corp.'s brand repositioning in conjunction with its tenth anniversary celebration. Pioneering role in direct banking in Great Britain; Sponsorship deals with Odeon Cinemas and `The Guardian' newspaper.
- First Direct considers option of mobile online avatar. // New Media Age;2/13/2003, p7
Reports on the decision of First Direct, a telephone and Web bank, to extend the trial of its online avatar, as of February 2003. Information on the transactions of the bank through mobile telephones; Background on the launch of the avatar in January 2003.
- 2003: An On-Line Banking Odyssey. Adams, John // Bank Technology News;Feb2003, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p16
Focuses on the banking services of First Direct in Great Britain. Reputation of the bank on technology; Experience of the firm on Internet banking; Details on the advertising campaign of the bank.
- First Direct dental plan. // Employee Benefits;Apr2006, p8
The article reports that the telephone and Internet bank, First Direct, has decided to increase dental cover for employees under its healthcare cash plan. The firm's 3,500 staff can choose three different levels of dental cover under the plan. First Direct has a health website, and a 24-hour...
- Emerald Central. Norman, Peter // Alberta Views;Jul2007, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p4
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one by Lisa Gregoire about the Edmonton, Albera neighborhood and another by Margaret Chandler about the plans of the government of Alberta in addressing climatic changes and environmental issues.
- IF I WERE IN CHARGE OF... // Children & Young People Now (Haymarket Business Publications Ltd;5/25/2010, p14
The article presents the author's view once she is given the chance to take in charge of discussing the topic about climate change.
- Cancun excludes Cochabamba's plans. // Green Left Weekly;12/8/2010, Issue 864, p16
The article focuses on the statement made by the Indigenous Environment Network announcing the removal of the principles agreed in the Cochabamba People's Agreement from the negotiating document for the Cancun climate conference in Bolivia.