UNDERNEATH THE ARCH IS…
- The judges. // Human Resources (09648380);Jul2008, Special section p4
The article introduces the judges of the human resource (HR) Excellence Awards 2008 in Great Britain. They include Ian Iceton, HR director of Volkswagen Group UK, Peter Swordy, head of HR at Wembley National Stadium, and Dev Raval, group head of reward at BSkyB. They also include Sheena Webster...
- PEOPLE. // Builders Merchants Journal;Apr2006, p10
The article presents news briefs pertaining to executives in the building materials industry in Great Britain as of April 2006. Colin McGregor has been appointed as business development director for PTS. Polypipe has appointed Graham Fisher as sales director. John Pryor has been appointed to the...
- YOUR PROPERTY'S BACKGROUND. // Hotel & Motel Management;11/5/2007, Vol. 222 Issue 19, p34
Several graphs are presented depicting the results of the general managers' (GM) third annual survey in Atlanta, Georgia including the renovation of hotels, employee management, and quantity of rooms in the hotels.
- Up close and personal. Woods, David // Employee Benefits;Apr2008, p27
The article focuses on the career of Paul Bissell, head of reward at the Nationwide Building Society (NBS) in Great Britain. Bissell entered human resource in the late 1980s, after a stint in branch management. It is noted that he have worked for NBS for his whole career. He stated that one of...
- Pittsburgh Rebuilds its North Shore With Link Across River to Downtown. Jacobson, Louis // Planning;May2002, Vol. 68 Issue 5, p34
Presents information on the rebuilding of the Three Rivers Stadium in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, as of May 2002. Background on the stadium; Revival of the stadium through the analysis and reversal of former planning mistakes; Description of the rebuilding scheme.
- Athletic complex completes stadium. // American School & University;Sep99, Vol. 72 Issue 1, p14
Reports on the completion of the construction of Moncrief-Neuhaus Athletic Complex at Texas Memorial Stadium in Austin, Texas. Features of the building; Description of the public entrance to the complex; Significance of the project.
- Room with a view. Glover, Carol // People Management;8/8/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 16, p25
Discusses the changing employers' attitudes toward office design. Origin and evolution of the smart space concept in office design; Impact of office design on employees' productivity and company culture; Various comments on the trend. INSETS: SPOILT FOR CHOICE;REVOLVING DOORS;CLIMATE CHANGES.
- The Tale of the Singing Construction Worker. // EHS Today;Oct2009, Vol. 2 Issue 10, p8
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the author discusses the significance of building management, workspace design, and personnel management.
- Lori Dunlap, 38. // Indianapolis Business Journal;2/4/2008, Vol. 28 Issue 49, p9B
The article profiles Lori Dunlap, deputy director of the Indiana Stadium and Convention Building Authority, and one of the honorees of the "Indianapolis Business Journal's" Forty Under 40 for 2008. Dunlap manages the budgets for the Lucas Oil Stadium and the Indiana Convention Center expansion...