DO AGE LAWS MAKE OLD RULES REDUNDANT?
- The Mailbag. Polledri, Sandro // HR Specialist: New Jersey Employment Law;Jul2009, Vol. 4 Issue 7, p8
The article presents questions and answers related to employment law in New Jersey which include the factors on when to provide travel payment, how long to retain employee files as well as the possibility of letting staff to work without any payment.
- DISTRIBUTION OF OVERTIME WORK NOT DEPENDENT UPON WAGES. // Eastern Worker;Nov2011, Vol. 51 Issue 6, p18
The article presents questions and answers related to labour laws and issues including the definition of workmen, its categories and the minimum wage for eligibility to earn overtime wages.
- The Mailbag. // HR Specialist: North Carolina Employment Law;Mar2012, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p8
The article presents questions and answers related to employment including one on paying employees who cannot come to work due to floods, one on compensation confidentiality, and one on revealing a salary before offering a promotion.
- A new routine. // Employers Law;Apr2007, p18
The article presents questions and answers about flexible working in Great Britain. One person asks whether employees have the automatic right to change to a more flexible working pattern. Another wants to know whether an employee make as many requests for flexible working as they wish. Another...
- The Mailbag. Beachboard, Joseph L. // HR Specialist: California Employment Law;Oct2012, Vol. 6 Issue 10, p8
The article presents questions and answers related to employment law including the obligations towards the employee leave and pay, the obligated to grant employees time off concerning leave for school-related activities, and the possibility to restrict employees on using their earned vacation.
- Odds and gods. // Employers Law;Oct2012, p16
The article presents questions and answers related to retail and shop employees' rights to opt out of working on Sundays, including the legal definition of shop worker, whether the right to opt out of Sunday work is dependent on a period of continuous employment or not and consequences of...
- Legal Matters. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;2/14/2005, Vol. 34 Issue 34, p12
Answers several business-related law questions in the U.S. Legality of creating a company policy requiring employees to refrain from cashing paychecks until a certain time; Federal and state laws which preclude employers from asking questions that may reveal a disability; Benefits given to...
- The Mailbag. Peterson, Ralph A.; Windham, John F. // HR Specialist: Florida Employment Law;Jan2010, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p8
The article presents questions and answers related to employment laws in the U.S. including how to handle union representatives during employee misconduct interviews and whether an employee collect workers' compensation is important.
- Legal Q&A… Rolled-up holiday pay. // Personnel Today;4/11/2006, p18
The article presents questions and answers related to the employment law. One of the question is about the rolled-up holiday pay. Another question is about the consequences if a worker is not paid enough holiday pay. Another question is about the holiday rights which the workers do have.