Kent council reviews reward system
- Premiums for shortages. Van Zyl, Johann // Finweek;6/21/2007, p53
The article reports on the survey conducted by service group in South Africa, Deloitte, regarding the issue on wage increase for employees in the republic. The result of the survey revealed that increases for compensations in 2004 were lower than in previous years. However, Louise Marx, an...
- 1998 pay raises--expect more of the same. Boles, Margaret; Sunoo, Brenda Paik // Workforce;Jan1998, Vol. 77, p24
Reports on the plans of companies in the United States concerning their workers' salaries for 1998. Curbing of merit increases; Expansion of bonus programs and alternative pay strategies; Incentives.
- FIRST-CLASS COACH. Kennett, Miranda // Management Today;Apr2012, p66
The article presents an answer to a question of how to ask for a pay increase at work.
- Developing a Merit Matrix. // Management Review;Sep81, Vol. 70 Issue 9, p37
Discusses the development of a merit pay matrix. Assigning a percentage of increase considered appropriate for normal performance; Assigning the increase percentages to be awarded; Deciding how performance differences are to be rated; Suggestions for companies interested in rewarding top...
- Performance pay heads up agenda. // Employee Benefits;Apr2006, p12
The article discusses a survey by Mercer Human Resource Consulting which suggested that companies are placing a growing emphasis on performance pay. It revealed that bonuses went up, while salary increases for executive directors and senior executives fell slightly in 2005. It also showed that...
- North/South salary divide still strong in new media market. Armitt, Claire // New Media Age;8/18/2005, p9
This article presents the results of a European Salary Survey conducted by Aquent which revealed that majority of new media, creative and marketing staff in Great Britain can expect pay rises over the coming year, as of August 2005. The survey also revealed that all new media agencies in the...
- The General Way to Get a Raise. Nemko, Marty // U.S. News & World Report;12/31/2007, Vol. 143 Issue 23, p57
This article suggests some tips about negotiating a raise with your boss. The author suggests ways to maximize your negotiating ammunition and strategies to use. It is suggested that employees review the money they have generated for the company, mention other ways they have benefited the...
- SHOCKING STAT OF THE MONTH. // EC&M Electrical Construction & Maintenance;Apr2005, Vol. 104 Issue 4, Special Section pC4
The article reports that four per cent is the estimated percentage of salary increase construction company professionals and administrative staff can expect to receive in 2005.
- Q&A: THE AGENDA FOR CHANGE REFORMS IN DETAIL. // Nursing Standard;3/6/2013, Vol. 27 Issue 27, p7
The article presents several questions related to a performance related pay initiative for health care employees in Great Britain, including questions of who the initiative will affect, what a performance related pay increase will entail and whether accelerated pay will be discontinued.