- THE SIX SPECIES OF GUINNESS DRINKER. // Ralph;Apr2004, p174
Describes various species of Guinness Draught beer drinkers. The Pantsman; The Psycho; The Pussywhipped.
- Erin go lager. Grose, Thomas K. // U.S. News & World Report;03/19/2001, Vol. 130 Issue 11, p41
Reports that, as of March, 2001, sales of Guinness stout are down in Dublin, Ireland. Strategy of Guinness to relaunch the brand; Concern of analysts that the decline in Guinness' home market threatens its status as the national drink; Perception that young Irish people are influenced by United...
- UNITY IN DIVERSITY. Cairns, George // BRW;2/5/2009, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p46
The article focuses on the problems of employment practices of multinational companies that must be solved to survive in economic downturns. It states that the first problem relates to how business enterprises train managers for appointments in foreign countries which manifest that selection and...
- Alcoholism: Disease or Vice? Dorgan III, William J. // Modern Machine Shop;May2002, Vol. 74 Issue 12, p112
Focuses on dealing with alcoholism in the workplace. Role of the manager when faced with issues related to alcoholic employees; Dispute over alcoholism as a disease or a vice; Ways of dealing with alcoholic employees.
- LEGAL CHECKLIST. // People Management;2/20/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p21
Presents updates on legal issues related to the human resource development sector of Great Britain, as of February 2003. Cases on holiday pay under the Working Time Regulations; Alcohol consumption of employees; Effect of child break on continuity of employment and statutory rights.
- Firms count cost of over-indulgence. // Personnel Today;8/19/2003, p7
Focuses on the survey of human resource (HR) professionals in the Great Britain regarding absenteeism and under-performance in the workplace due to alcohol consumption. Belief of employers in Great Britain about the effects of drinking by employees; Drinking habits of employed people.
- DEALING WITH ALCOHOLISM ON THE JOB. // Management Review;Jul85, Vol. 74 Issue 7, p4
Reports on the problem of alcoholism among employees in the United States. Percentage of workers affected by alcoholism; State of programs dealing with alcoholism in the workplace; Management approaches for employees with alcoholism problem.
- THE NEW WORKFORCE. // Black Enterprise;Nov2008, Vol. 39 Issue 4, p68
The article deals with the personnel management-related challenges arising from the global business environment. Factor in outsourcing, increased emerging markets, and the growth of multinational companies, and you have a veritable global village redefining human resources's role. In its annual...
- feedback. Rubey, Charissa; Andrews, Christine; Robinson, Brad // Entrepreneur;Dec2011, Vol. 39 Issue 12, p14
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles including "The Fix," "Foodie Inc.," and an article on alcohol consumption by entrepreneurs published in the October 2011 issue.