Firms to help get claimants into work
- Return of the stay-at-home parents. Penttila, Chris // Entrepreneur;Apr2009, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p15
The article discusses the growth in career reentry from co-founder Carol Fishman Cohen of iRelaunch, a career reentry strategy firm, and the return to work programs from the Goldman Sachs financial firm and Sara Lee foods corporation.
- Correction. // National Mortgage News;3/11/2013, Vol. 37 Issue 10, p1
A correction to the article "Fifth Third Signs a Multiyear Re-employment Program" that was published in the February 18, 2013 issue is presented.
- A Successful Re-Entry Program. Pinkerton, SueEllen // Nursing Economic$;Jan/Feb2006, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p50
The article focuses on the re-entry program for nurses designed by Emory Hospitals in Atlanta, Georgia. The re-entry program which was started in 2000 is still in place and has had 105 nurses successfully complete the program. It includes both clinical and didactic time. The program is an...
- Workplace deploys employment platform HELP FOR 500 LONG-TERM JOBLESS IN THE FIRST YEAR. Fallon, Bill // Fairfield County Business Journal;9/22/2014, Vol. 50 Issue 38, p12
The article reports on the Platform to Employment program established by the Bridgeport, Connecticut-based nonprofit workforce development firm The Workplace Inc. which is designed to meet the needs of employers by providing access to customized re-employment services across the state.
- The "40-Year-Old Intern" Goes to Wall Street. Cohen, Carol Fishman // Harvard Business Review Digital Articles;2/24/2014, p2
The article reports on the increased number of companies in the U.S. that are offering return-to-work programs or professional internships for people who wish to re-enter the workforce after taking a break from professional employment.
- If You Offer Mid-Career Internships, Flaunt It. Cohen, Carol Fishman // Harvard Business Review Digital Articles;7/4/2016, p2
The article discusses the advantages for companies offering professional mid-career internships which are emerging as a special category of progressive action for employers and a return-to-work strategy which include giving employers the opportunity to connect with a talented group of professionals.
- HOW TO…help women return to work. Cheng, Margaret // People Management;6/12/2008, Vol. 14 Issue 12, p47
The article talks about helping women return to work in Great Britain. It is noted that more than 500,000 women in Great Britain want to return to work after having children but cannot find suitable jobs. It cites a Women Like Us survey focusing on retention rates among women placed in part-time...
- non-profit update. // Fort Worth Business Press;4/9/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 15, p32
Presents an update related to non-profit organizations in Texas as of April 9-15, 2004. Information on the return to work program introduced by the Volunteer Center of North Texas for injured employees; Lineup of projects of the Junior League of Fort Worth Inc.; Worth of the grant received by...
- Early Returns To Work Add Value. Crabb, Gregory // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;8/25/2003, Vol. 107 Issue 34, p26
Looks into the cost reduction effects brought about by the implementation of return-to-work programs by companies in the U.S. Need for employees to return to work as soon as medically appropriate; Benefits of the program to the workers; Reason for the lack of implementation of the program by...