MySpace, not your space, firms told
- Employer attracts workers through contest. // Indianapolis Business Journal;04/03/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p23
Focuses on Indiana-based Enterprise Rent-A-Car's utilization of a contest to lure candidates. Rental car firm's struggle to find thousands of management trainees; Emphasis on retention strategies; Starting salaries; Award prizes.
- EQ may be key to success. Fitzpatrick, Doreen D. // Fairfield County Business Journal;4/22/96, Vol. 35 Issue 17, p20
Features the emotional quotient (EQ), a concept that encompasses self-awareness, persistence and empathy, which will be used by Enterprise Rent-A-Car in its recruiting efforts. Important aspects of EQ; Enterprise's search for college graduates for its entry level management training program;...
- 'Is That an Elk's head In Back?' Stern, Linda // Newsweek;10/4/2004, Vol. 144 Issue 14, pE10
Offers a look at the success of Enterprise Rent-a-Car in 2003 and 2004. Ability of Enterprise to recruit college graduates; Growth of the company; Reference to a web site which lists complaints of alleged customers and employees.
- Enterprise Leasing To Pay $2.3 Mil To Settle Bias Suit. // Jet;5/27/2002, Vol. 101 Issue 23, p8
Reports that Enterprise-Rent-A-Car will pay several million dollars to settle a class-action racial-discrimination lawsuit filed by eight Black former or current employees.
- Up close and personal. Washington, Tom // Employee Benefits;Oct2008, p25
The article discusses the reasons why Donna Miller is success in her career as human resource (HR) director of Enterprise Rent-A-Car Co. in Great Britain. According to Miller, hard work, luck and her comprehensive knowledge of her profession are the tools that drive her to success. Miller...
- Show them you love them this Christmas. Gray, Robert // Human Resources (09648380);Sep2008, p49
The article focuses on concerns regarding the Christmas incentives provided by companies to reward employees in Great Britain. A report from recruitment specialist Hudson has found that employers are not evaluating the effectiveness of the incentives they provided. Donna Miller, the European...
- PEOPLE. // Orange County Business Journal;11/1/2004, Vol. 27 Issue 44, p36
iThe article presents information about the new appointments and promotions made in different industries. St. Louis-based Enterprise Rent-A-Car Co. made two promotions: Simon Chan was made area manager in charge of rental offices serving Laguna Niguel, San Juan Capistrano, Dana Point and San...
- BEST PRACTICES. Gray, Kevin // NACE Journal;Spring2003, Vol. 63 Issue 3, p19
Presents an overview of the recruiting program at Enterprise-Rent-A-Car. Highlights of the decentralized college recruiting program of the company; Recruiting philosophy; Stand of the company on diversity recruiting.
- Browse Click Career. // Fortune;Winter2001 Technology Guide, Vol. 142 Issue 12, p223
The article reports on the increasing use of the Internet by job-hunters and recruiters. The Web has transformed the job market dramatically and not just by making people more accessible. For employers, sites offer more service options, like from single job listings for a one-time fee to...