Missing One Putt Every 163 Years
- Supplier briefs. // Aftermarket Business;Sep99, Vol. 109 Issue 9, p9
Presents news briefs related to suppliers in the automobile industry. Merger of AlliedSignal and Honeywell; Dana and Federal-Mogul as the first Diamond Lifetime Trustees for the AWDA University Foundation.
- Big suppliers now feel industry pressure. Sherefkin, Robert // Crain's Detroit Business;11/6/95, Vol. 11 Issue 45, p1
Reports that AlliedSignal Automotive will be broken up and 3,100 jobs would be eliminated in an effort to keep up with the consolidation of the automotive industry. Plan to sell firm's light-vehicle anti-lock-brake business; Losses of $180 million and erosion of sales; Conglomerates which are...
- AlliedSignal: Aiming for breakthrough performance. Barter, John // Ward's Auto World;Dec94, Vol. 30 Issue 12, p60
Presents the author's views on the global automobile market as AlliedSignal Automotive president. Company's strategies to survive global competition; Aim of improving operational capability to eliminate product defects; Assessment of quality levels of every product at manufacturing plants;...
- Scuttlebutt. // Ward's Auto World;Jan95, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p19
Reports on developments in the automobile industry as of January 1995. Retirement of Ford Motor Co. vice chairman Allan D. Gilmour; Improvement of the relationships between American and Japanese automobile firms; AlliedSignal Automotive employees' donation of their uniforms to Focus: HOPE for...
- Allied Signal to merge with Honeywell. // Automotive Marketing;Jul99, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p4
Reports on the merger agreement between AlliedSignal and Honeywell for the formation of a company called Honeywell to be based in Morristown, New Jersey. AlliedSignal chairman and chief executive officer (CEO) Lawrence A. Bossidy as the merged company's chairman until his retirement in April...
- Job security elusive in high-pressure industry. Sherefkin, Robert // Crain's Detroit Business;1/2/95, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p18
Expresses concern on the security of jobs in auto industry following the sacking of top executives by the AlliedSignal Automotive and Rockwell International Automotive. Review of the business of various companies in the auto industry during the year 1994.
- All Conglomerates, Exit: Stage Left. Upham, Scott D. // Automotive Manufacturing & Production;Oct2000, Vol. 112 Issue 10, p28
Offers a look at the problems concerning corporate management raised by some conglomerates in the automotive industry after the passage of the Lopezesque purchasing policies in the mid 1990s. AlliedSignal Automotive; ITT Automotive; United Technologies Automotive.
- France delivers ABS. // Automotive News;4/12/1993, Vol. 67 Issue 5494, Automotive news insight p2i
Reports on Allied-Signal Automotive's plans to provide Bendix Mecatronic II anti-lock brakes to Ford's Mondeo and Tempo/Mercury Topaz models. Initial sourcing in France.
- New brick and mortar. // Automotive News;4/26/1993, Vol. 67 Issue 5496, Insight p2i
Reports on AlliedSignal Automotive's construction of a technical and administrative headquarters in Perrysburg Township near Toledo, Ohio. Cost; Lot area.