Analysis Software: From A to Z
- How good is your production process? Clark, Richard // T & P: Tooling & Production;Nov2002, Vol. 68 Issue 11, p44
Evaluates the efficiency of a production process using the Overall Equipment Effectiveness (O.E.E.) statistical tool. Improvement of O.E.E.; Rate of quality product; Design of the tool.
- Threading demands smart choices. Pierce, Syd // T & P: Tooling & Production;Oct2001, Vol. 67 Issue 7, p56
Presents information on innovations in threading tools. Concerns regarding productivity, precision and tool life, when selecting threading tools; Functions of the Ti 6-22-22, an alpha/beta titanium alloy and Aerospace-Met 100, an iron-based super alloy; Features of the general purpose Physical...
- 13 ways to save time and cost by using machine-ready blanks. Vernyi, Bruce // American Machinist;Aug2008, Vol. 152 Issue 8, p82
The article lists the benefits offered with the utilization of pre-cut blanks by machine shops, which include elimination of in-house preparation of raw material, reduction in manufacturing cycle, and saves operation cost by 15 percent.
- DETERMINATION OF ACCURACY OF POSITIONING CNC MACHINE TOOLS. BOJANIĆ, Mirjana; JOVIČIĆ, Goran; ZELJKOVIĆ, Milan // Annals of the Faculty of Engineering Hunedoara - International J;Aug2015, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p45
Positioning represents taking the position of the executive body machine tools. The positioning accuracy means the deviation of the actual position of the executive body of the programmed machine tool, with its multiple bidirectional positioning at different points in each of the coordinate axes...
- Using Variables To Handle Cutting Condition Changes. Lynch, Mike // Modern Machine Shop;May2001, Vol. 73 Issue 12, p178
Discusses the use of variables to handle cutting condition changes during a production run. How to simplify the task of changing cutting conditions; Example of variables in the custom macro B format.
- THE FATIGUE LIFE EXPECTANCY IN CASE OF WELDED AND NON WELDED STRUCTURES. CHIVU, Oana; BABIS, Claudiu; TARBĂ, Cristian // Academic Journal of Manufacturing Engineering;Mar2012, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p30
Welding represents a manufacturing process widely used within all branches of industry. It is worth mentioning that an increasing number of welded structures are subject to cyclic loads, responsible for the fatigue phenomenon. Hence, the paper aims at highlighting, in case of welded structures...
- Wear track observation on induction-heated 13Cr-2Ni-2Mo stainless steel under cyclic reciprocating motion. Koshiro MIZOBE; Koretomo OKAMOTO; Takuya SHIBUKAWA; Kenji KANEMASU; Katsuyuki KIDA // Applied Mechanics & Materials;2014, Issue 563, p71
Reciprocating fatigue tests were performed for three kinds of samples, induction-heated 13Cr-2Ni-2Mo stainless steel, hard chromium plated and softnitrided SUS304 steels. Microstructure, wear track depth and hardness distribution in these materials were observed. It is concluded that the...
- Let's use new technology to our advantage. // American Machinist;Feb2003, Vol. 147 Issue 2, p60
Calls for the utilization of multitasking computer numerical control machines. Reasons for the crisis in U.S. manufacturing; Background on multitask machining; Downside of multitask machine tools.
- Dealing in commodities. Capes, Phil // Metalworking Production;Aug2003, Vol. 147 Issue 8, p17
Focuses on the usefulness of computer controlled machine tools in manufacturing processes. Increase in the demand for machine tools; Factors to be considered in buying tools; Advantages of users in using computer controlled machine tools. INSET: On the web.