Two More Doors, One `New' Truck
- Dodge adds incentives on Dakotas. Jackson, Kathy // Automotive News;1/22/1996, Vol. 70 Issue 5642, p14
Reports on Dodge Division's offer of incentives to raise sales of the Dakota model. Dodge's desire to remain competitive in the compact and mid-sized truck segment; Closure of truckplant in Warren, Michigan to retool for the redesigned 1997 model; Number of Dakotas sold in 1995; Comments of...
- Muscling up the midsize. Opre, T. // Outdoor Life;Apr91, Vol. 187 Issue 4, p59
Discusses how Dodge Dakota's midsize pickup has proved popular since it was introduced four years ago. Looks at the latest model which offers a new V-8 power package.
- Looking tough. West, Ted // Outdoor Life;Oct96, Vol. 198 Issue 4, p80
Evaluates the 1997 Dodge Dakota pickup. Engine; Torsional rigidity; Fast-ratio steering; Gas-charged shocks; Price.
- Lock, stock, and barrel. White, Slaton // Field & Stream;Feb97, Vol. 101 Issue 10, p78
Features the Dodge Dakota automobile. Capabilities; Specifications; Design.
- Dodge Dakota. Lamm, M. // Popular Mechanics;Jul90, Vol. 167 Issue 7, p47
Reviews the midsized Dodge Dakota pick-up and its success in the marketplace. Styling, size and affordability; Problem areas repaired under Chrysler's 7/70 warranty. INSET: The realities of compromise..
- Road tests for pickup trucks. // Consumer Reports;Jun87, Vol. 52 Issue 6, p344
Description of road tests for six-cylinder pickup trucks: Dodge Dakota, Chevrolet S-10, Ford Ranger and Jeep Comanche. Recommendations and facts and figures are given.
- Suspended disbelief. Lassa, Todd // AutoWeek;03/02/98, Vol. 48 Issue 9, p18
Presents information on the Dodge Dakota R/T and the changes that hav made this model so much better than the previous one. Details on the automobile; Information on the capabilities of the pickup truck; What features the truck has; Information on the engine.
- Big iron. White, S.L. // Field & Stream;May91, Vol. 96 Issue 1, p76
Reviews the 1991 Dodge Dakota pickup truck, with an optional 5.2-liter V8 engine. It's the SE 4X4 model with a 6.5-foot cargo bed; Equipment; Handling; Test drive impressions; Passenger and storage space. INSET: General specifications.;Trailertime..
- 1997 Dodge Dakota. Wilson, Kevin A. // AutoWeek;6/24/96, Vol. 46 Issue 26, p18
Features the 1997 Dodge Dakota truck. Basic suspension setups; Design; Handling; Size; Availability of an optional V8 engine.