Toyota Is Building In France
- Full-sized pickup is a Texas-sized gamble. Chappell, Lindsay // Automotive News;10/29/2007 Supplement, Vol. 82, p141
The article focuses on the challenges encountered by Toyota Motor Corp. while introducing full-sized pickup trucks in San Antonio, Texas. San Antonio project had trouble attracting all of the skilled staff it needed, creating a pull on plant resources from Princeton and Georgetown, Kentucky....
- Will Japanese car makers last in a euro-isolated UK? Pitcher, George // Marketing Week;1/11/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 49, p23
Predicts that Toyota Motor Corp.'s decision to increase output at its plant in Derbyshire, England, will have little positive impact on the British automobile industry. Possible motivation for the increased production; Losses incurred by the company's British car-making arm in 1999; Effect that...
- Toyota to Build Highlanders in Mississippi. // Welding Journal;Apr2007, Vol. 86 Issue 4, p6
The article reports on Toyota's selection of a 1,700-acre site in Blue Springs, Mississippi to build its eighth vehicle assembly plant in North America. Mississippi Governor Haley Barbour joined Toyota officials to make the announcement. The facility has the capacity to build 150,000 vehicles...
- Team Toyota. Derk, James // Indiana Business Magazine;Jan99, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p7
Assesses the economic impact of the opening of the Toyota Motor Corp. plant in the Gibson County community of Princeton, Indiana. Dress code of employees in the Toyota plant; Wages; Building of a full-sized pickup truck to be called Tundra; Number of employees at the plant.
- Toyota mulls 5th plant in China. // Automotive News Europe;5/30/2005, Vol. 10 Issue 11, p3
Reports on the plan of automobile manufacturer Toyota to build its fifth assembly plant in China, as of May 2005. Expected annual capacity of the plant; Possible construction schedule for the plant.
- There's a new No. 1 plant: Georgetown. // Automotive News;1/14/2008, Vol. 82 Issue 6290, p20
The article announces the top-producing vehicle assembly plant in North America. Accordingly, it stresses that Georgetown factory of Toyota Motor Corp. in Kentucky has taken over as top-producing vehicle assembly plant in the country. Moreover, It points out that in 2007, Georgetown has turned...
- Toyota: Japan's Unstoppable Juggernaut. // Automotive Industries;Jun2002, Vol. 182 Issue 6, p10
Provides information on the operations and financial performance of Toyota Motor Corp. in 2001. Revenue generated by the car maker; Production capacity of the assembly plants in Ontario and Kentucky; Discussion on the development of hybrid cars; Cost cutting measures employed by the company.
- Toyota shifts plants to make way for SUV. Chappell, Lindsay // Automotive News;4/10/2000, Vol. 74 Issue 5869, p6
Describes the major changes in Toyota Motor Corp.'s North American factories to make way for the first Lexus model to be produced outside of Japan. Budget for the production of Lexus RX 300 sport-utility in Cambridge, Ontario by 2003; Problems being solved by the plant shuffle.
- Toyota, Rover mull new plants in Europe. Kurylko, Diana T.; Wernle, Bradford // Automotive News;3/29/1999, Vol. 73 Issue 5812, p24F
Focuses on Toyota Motor Corp. and Rover Group's plan to construct new plants in Europe. Toyota's plan to build a transmission plant in Poland; BMW AG's plan to invest in the ailing Rover; Expansion of Rover's assembly plant in Longbridge, England.