Toyota Is Building In France
- Will Japanese car makers last in a euro-isolated UK? Pitcher, George // Marketing Week;1/11/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 49, p23
Predicts that Toyota Motor Corp.'s decision to increase output at its plant in Derbyshire, England, will have little positive impact on the British automobile industry. Possible motivation for the increased production; Losses incurred by the company's British car-making arm in 1999; Effect that...
- Toyota to Build Highlanders in Mississippi. // Welding Journal;Apr2007, Vol. 86 Issue 4, p6
The article reports on Toyota's selection of a 1,700-acre site in Blue Springs, Mississippi to build its eighth vehicle assembly plant in North America. Mississippi Governor Haley Barbour joined Toyota officials to make the announcement. The facility has the capacity to build 150,000 vehicles...
- Full-sized pickup is a Texas-sized gamble. Chappell, Lindsay // Automotive News;10/29/2007 Supplement, Vol. 82, p141
The article focuses on the challenges encountered by Toyota Motor Corp. while introducing full-sized pickup trucks in San Antonio, Texas. San Antonio project had trouble attracting all of the skilled staff it needed, creating a pull on plant resources from Princeton and Georgetown, Kentucky....
- Team Toyota. Derk, James // Indiana Business Magazine;Jan99, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p7
Assesses the economic impact of the opening of the Toyota Motor Corp. plant in the Gibson County community of Princeton, Indiana. Dress code of employees in the Toyota plant; Wages; Building of a full-sized pickup truck to be called Tundra; Number of employees at the plant.
- Toyota mulls 5th plant in China. // Automotive News Europe;5/30/2005, Vol. 10 Issue 11, p3
Reports on the plan of automobile manufacturer Toyota to build its fifth assembly plant in China, as of May 2005. Expected annual capacity of the plant; Possible construction schedule for the plant.
- There's a new No. 1 plant: Georgetown. // Automotive News;1/14/2008, Vol. 82 Issue 6290, p20
The article announces the top-producing vehicle assembly plant in North America. Accordingly, it stresses that Georgetown factory of Toyota Motor Corp. in Kentucky has taken over as top-producing vehicle assembly plant in the country. Moreover, It points out that in 2007, Georgetown has turned...
- Toyota, Rover mull new plants in Europe. Kurylko, Diana T.; Wernle, Bradford // Automotive News;3/29/1999, Vol. 73 Issue 5812, p24F
Focuses on Toyota Motor Corp. and Rover Group's plan to construct new plants in Europe. Toyota's plan to build a transmission plant in Poland; BMW AG's plan to invest in the ailing Rover; Expansion of Rover's assembly plant in Longbridge, England.
- Toyota tries to kaizen its way to profit at home. Greimel, Hans // Automotive News;2/28/2011, Vol. 85 Issue 6453, p14
The article reports on Toyota Motor Corp. which is struggling to make profits in its domestic market in Japan. Toyota is opening an assembly plant in Ohira, its first Japanese assembly plant in 18 years. Atsushi Niimi, Toyota's executive vice president for global manufacturing, said the company...
- Toyota wants Lexus plant in Europe. De Oliveira, Paulo Soares // Automotive News Europe;5/15/2006, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p3
The article reports on the plan of Japanese automaker Toyota to build an assembly plant for its Lexus premium brand in Europe. The company aims to sell 100,000 units of Lexus automobile in Europe by 2015. If the construction goes ahead, the plant would be the first Toyota factory in Europe to...