The Next Generation?
- Research speeds development. Studt, Tim // R&D Magazine;Mar96, Vol. 38 Issue 4, p14
Reports that automakers' rapid prototyping tools, shortens the development time of automotive components and product designs. Computer hardware advances; Comments from Richard Fedchenko, 3-D's vice president/market development. INSET: Rapid prototyping on the Internet..
- Tomorrow's cars today. Chaikin, Don // Popular Mechanics;Jul96, Vol. 173 Issue 7, p41
Features notable concept automobiles. Includes Chrysler LHX; Audi TTS; Dodge ESX; Ford Indigo; Kia KMS-II; Lincoln Sentinel.
- Suppliers on a roll. // Automotive Industries;Jul96, Vol. 176 Issue 7, p38
Presents several concept or experimental cars in the United States. Description; Manufacturers.
- 1997 North American International Auto Show concept car preview. // Automotive Industries;Jan1997, Vol. 177 Issue 1, p5
Previews concept cars introduced at the 1997 North American International Auto Show. Includes Plymouth Pronto; Dodge Copperhead; Jeep Icon.
- Italdesign imagines Alfa's future. // Automotive Industries;Mar1997, Vol. 177 Issue 3, p36
Reports on the unveiling of an Alfa Romeo 3.0L V-6 coupe concept by Italdesign at the geneva auto show. Installation of a twin turbochargers; Aluminum-carbon fiber floorpan and aluminum body.
- Pop bottle car. Stuckey, Scott // National Geographic World;Dec97, Issue 268, p6
Features the Composite Concept Vehicle, a cheap, lightweight car by Chrysler Corp. Other information on the vehicle.
- Future stock. Butterworth IV, W.E. // Boys' Life;Nov94, Vol. 84 Issue 11, p40
Features concept cars that were displayed at a January 1994 auto show in Detroit, Michigan. How they reveal what cars may look like in the near future; Pontiac Sunfire Speedster; Mercedes-Benz Vision A; Volkswagen Concept 1; Audi Space Frame. INSET: Concept trucks too!.
- Photo with caption. // AutoWeek;11/18/96, Vol. 46 Issue 47, p48
Features the Concept 2096, a concept car developed by Coventry University students. Use of electric fuel cells for propulsion.
- 21st century concepts. // Motor Age;Sep98, Vol. 117 Issue 9, p136
Features various 21st century concept automobiles. Theme of the automobiles; Physical description of Chrysler's Jeepster concept vehicle; Retro-luxury interior of the Buick Signia by General Motors Corp; Introduction of the Solara concept car by Toyota Motor Sales company.
- Smart moves. // Automotive News;5/26/1997, Vol. 71 Issue 5714, p49
Presents a photograph of a prototype of the Smart city car to be built by Micro Compact Car AG, a joint venture between Mercedes-Benz AG and SMH.