Quality Is Job...?
- Shops urged to respond to recall request. Willins, Michael // Automotive Body Repair News;Mar2005, Vol. 44 Issue 3, p18
Focuses on the efforts of the collision industry leaders of various organizations to urge several automobile repair shops to take the appropriate action in informing the consumers about hood latch assembly problems in the U.S. Details on the importance of product recall in ensuring the safety of...
- Weaknesses. // MarketWatch: Automotive;Oct2011, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p20
The article focuses on the business weaknesses of General Motors Co. in the global automotive market. The company has announced product recalls that cover some of its widely known models due to manufacturing and design problems. GM has recalled over 4,500 pick up trucks such as the Chevrolet...
- QUALITY IS STILL JOB ONE. Bartholomew, Doug // Industry Week/IW;09/04/2000, Vol. 249 Issue 14, p55
Comments on the tendency of manufacturers to neglect quality in their product development. Attitude of manufacturers on quality; Information on the product recall issued by Intel Corp. in May 2000; Samples of products with quality problem.
- Avoiding Chinese 'fifth-shipment' follies. Shobert, Benjamin A. // Indianapolis Business Journal;9/24/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 29, p13A
The article investigates the lessons that should be learned by American businesses from the recall of Chinese products due to poor quality. According to the author, the recalls demonstrate that for U.S. companies, quality issues and recalls are ongoing costs of doing business with China and that...
- 1989-93 Suzuki swift. // Automotive News;1/3/1994, Vol. 67 Issue 5532, p14
Reports on the recall of the 1989-93 Suzuki Swift automobile. Problem with hood latch; Solution; Number of units affected.
- 1993 Mercury Capri. // Automotive News;1/3/1994, Vol. 67 Issue 5532, p14
Reports on the recall of the 1993 Mercury Capri. Problem with the transmission oil cooler inlet hose; Solution; Number of units affected.
- 1988 Ford Escort. // Automotive News;1/3/1994, Vol. 67 Issue 5532, p14
Reports on the recall of the 1988 Ford Escort automobile. Problem with faulty catalytic converters; Solution; Number of units affected.
- 1992-93 Chevrolet Cavalier, Corsica, Beretta; Buick Century; Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera. // Automotive News;1/3/1994, Vol. 67 Issue 5532, p14
Reports on the recall of the 1992-93 Chevrolet Cavalier, Corsica, Beretta, Buick Century and Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera automobiles. Problem with a manifold gasket; Solution.
- Recall closes Neon plant. // Automotive News;2/7/1994, Vol. 67 Issue 5537, p2
Reports on Chrysler Corp.'s recall of all of its Neon automobiles. Stoppage of production at the Belvidere, Illinois plant for a week; Fault in the Neon car.