Should Unreported Absences Result in Termination?
- Time out. // Crain's Cleveland Business;02/08/99, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p16
Presents a graph showing the reasons for worker's unscheduled absences.
- Beware FMLA trap in no-fault attendance policy. // HR Specialist: Illinois Employment Law;May2010, Vol. 4 Issue 5, p1
The article focuses on the Family & Medical Leave Act trap in no-fault attendance policy in the U.S., which permits a certain number of unexcused absences without any documentation, but punish the employees whenever they go beyond allowable limits.
- Managing Those Friday-Monday Absence Patterns. Barran, Paula A. // Venulex Legal Summaries;2005 Q3, p1
The article discusses employers' management of Friday-Monday absence patterns as suggested in the U.S. Department of Labor's Web site. Under the Federal Family Medical Leave Act, employers can request recertification from healthcare providers under certain circumstances like pregnancy and...
- Missing in Action. Frase-Blunt, Martha // HR Magazine;Apr2001, Vol. 46 Issue 4, p68
Focuses on job abandonment. Different policies used by companies with regards to the termination of employment as a result of job abandonment; Rules on employee absenteeism covered by the Family and Medical Leave Act; Significance of company policies regarding job abandonment.
- COMMENTARY ON LABOUR LAWS/ISSUES. // Eastern Worker;Mar/Apr2014, Vol. 54 Issue 2, p17
The article presents a question and answer related to the definition of habitual tardiness and absence without leave among workers as grounds for misconduct, based on the KPK Industrial and Commercial Employment (Standing Orders) Act, 2013 in Pakistan.
- Untitled. // Employment & Earnings;Jan2003, Vol. 50 Issue 1, p5
Presents a chart depicting absences from work of employed full-time wage and salary workers by occupation and industry in the U.S.
- HR Space. // Employers Law;May2011, p17
The article presents questions and answers related to human resources management including the main reasons for introducing probationary periods, the liability of store manager over neighbouring encroachment dispute and helping a colleague who is warned after being absent without permission.
- A silent exodus of cops from Punjab. // Asian Pacific Post;12/21/2006, p13
The article looks at the increasing cases of policemen from Punjab, India who are migrating to other countries without any notification to their superiors. From 2005 to 2006, approximately 200 policemen have disappeared and settled abroad without taking permission. The authorities have already...
- In my world. Perry, Amanda // British Baker;9/10/2010, Vol. 2 Issue 17, p16
The article explores the authors experience when the architect of her two new cupcake stores that are scheduled to open has gone absence without leave (AWOL) and she has to deal with the unexpected additional expenditure along with the importance of good financial planning.