- Restrict early retirement to make the pension reform a success. // OECD Economic Surveys: Finland;May2006, Vol. 2006 Issue 5, p63
A wide-ranging pension reform was introduced at the beginning of 2005. A central objective is to extend working lives by 2-3 years. However, success is likely to depend on further curtailment of early retirement pathways which will otherwise blunt the improved financial incentives to work longer...
- SUCCESSFUL PROMOTION OF EARLY RETIREMENT: A QUANTITATIVE APPROACH. Birati, Assa; Tziner, Aharon // Human Resource Management Review;Spring95, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p53
Describes a quantitative approach for successful promotion of early retirement programs. Illustration of the procedure for locating suitable candidates and assessing values of quitting the job; Utility of the proposed method for organizations contemplating workforce reduction.
- The Drift to Early Retirement. Faltermayer, Edmund K. // Management Review;Jun65, Vol. 54 Issue 6, p26
Focuses on early retirement in the United States. Use of early retirement as an alternative to layoffs; Pensions for early retirees; Income support programs available for retirees.
- Problems at work... Whyteleaf, Pam // Professional Manager;Sep2009, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p44
The article provides an answer to a question on whether a company can retire a personnel at a later date even if he or she does not wish to retire.
- Retirement dreams are shattered. Cammidge, Adrian // Money Marketing;9/19/2002, p17
Cites research findings regarding the early retirement of employees in Great Britain. Analysis of major topics of interest; Effects on the financial services sector; Implications on personal financial advisers.
- Get on and get ahead. Beagrie, Scott; Wigham, Ross; Weekes, Sue // Personnel Today;6/25/2002, p41
Presents a question and answer advisory on the professional dilemmas faced by employees. Alternative of working for a human resource software supplier; Work experience needed in training management; Ways to demonstrate leadership and management skills in the training function.
- TALKING POINT. Crabb, Steve // People Management;12/6/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 24, p5
Introduces a series of articles on employment and personnel management.
- A leading role for HR in alternative staffing. Greble, Thomas C. // HR Magazine;Feb1997, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p99
Focuses on the need for human resource (HR) professionals to understand the operational, financial and legal aspects of alternative staffing strategies. Explanation of alternative staffing; Legal considerations before entering into any alternative staffing arrangement; Points to remember when...
- Low-Tech Ads, High-Tech CFOs. // Training & Development;Aug99, Vol. 53 Issue 8, p19
Reports on results of surveys on employment and other related issues in the United States as of August 1999. Finding by Manchester company that recruitment is the top human resource issue for organizations implementing technology; Finding by RHI Management that chief financial officers are...