Create Policies to Temper Employees' Rights to E-Privacy
- e-benefits coming of age. Coles, Sarah // Employee Benefits;Sep2002, p3
Focuses on the concept of e-benefits, a method of communicating benefits online. History of e-benefits; Advantages of e-benefits; Approaches to implement e-benefit. INSETS: Which comes first?;Should you offer internet access?;Steps to e-HR.
- Employee Benefit Plans Need to Protect Privacy of Participant Information. Williams, Christine A. // Employee Benefits Journal;Sep2001, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p18
Discusses three areas of privacy compliance that employee benefit plans should review to protect the privacy of participant information. Privacy regulations under the Health Insurance Portability and Accounting Act; State law claims; Internet privacy policies.
- the spa wing: physician - recommended esthetics. Christensen, Cathy // Skin, Inc.;May2005, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p68
Provides information on the services offered by hospital spas in the U.S. Differences between hospitals and day spas; Privacy practices; Employee benefits from hospital spas.
- California Limits Use of Social Security Numbers by Employers. // Venulex Legal Summaries;2002 Q3, p1
The article reports on the passage of a law that prohibits employers from using social security numbers (SSNs) as employee identification in providing benefits and other purposes in California effective July 2, 2002. The law does not limit the collection, use and retention of SSNs for...
- Happy New Year, It's 2016. HAMILTON, MYRA // Tennessee Tribune;12/31/2015, Vol. 26 Issue 52, p11A
The article reports on the need for the employees to comply with the "Employee Online Privacy Act of 2014" starting on January 1, 2015.
- The Mailbag. Beachboard, Joseph L. // HR Specialist: California Employment Law;Feb2016, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p8
The article presents questions and answers related to employee rights including the ban of employees from getting personal mail delivered to the office, the family and medical leave for the employees and the emergency management to prevent the disruption of workplace productivity.
- Your choice for freedom of choice. // Employee Benefit News;2004 Sourcebook, Vol. 17 Issue 16, p4
Introduces a series of articles that provided a list of resources and services concerning employee benefits. Service offerings of the BenefitNews.com Web site; Access to Connect, a free e-mail delivery service of electronic newsletters.
- administration. Golding, Nick // Employee Benefits;Jan2007, Special section p19
The article provides information on the findings of a survey about the different factors concerning the implementation of a flexible benefits plan in Great Britain. Based on the results, 69% of respondents said they sought strategic advice from consultants to aid them with provider selection....
- 2005 Market SourceBooks will be delivered soon. // Business Insurance;12/20/2004, Vol. 38 Issue 51, p19
The article reports that the subscribers of the journal "Business Insurance" will soon be receiving the "2005 Market SourceBook," in their mailboxes. The "Market SourceBook" is a more than 300-page compilation of 25 directories listing 1,249 insurance industry vendors. This convenient, valuable...