Behold the Wonder of the Spreadsheet
- Billable Rate Calculator Instructions. // Women's Small Business Start-Up Kit;May2012, p1a
The article offers step-by-step instructions for first-time entrepreneurs on how they could calculate an hourly rate for a service business using an interactive worksheet on Microsoft Excel.
- Evolving beyond Revenue's requirements. Corrigan, Stephen // Finweek;8/24/2006, p67
The article reports on the evolution of payroll administration process into a highly automated one. According to Stephen Corrigan, automation of the payroll process by using dedicated payroll software ensures easy, full compliance with all of the tax and legal issues as well as accurate employee...
- How Much Do Your Employees Cost? SACK, BARBARA; MITCHELL, DEBRA L. // AAOS Now;Sep2014, Vol. 8 Issue 9, p30
The article discusses the costs of employers for the taxes and benefits of their employees. Topics include the responsibility of the general practice to pay half of the payroll tax, the use of spreadsheet program for the completion of a benefit analysis, and the average hourly cost for the...
- Tea-break tip. Coy, David // Chartered Accountants Journal;Aug98, Vol. 77 Issue 7, p84
Opinion. Provides information on the Excel spreadsheet, VLOOKUP. Function of the spreadsheet; How commission calculations can be made using the spreadsheet; Testing of the formula.
- Excel--should you switch? Soucie, R. // PC World;Mar88, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p108
Microsoft is determined to put the powerful spreadsheet Excel at the top of the best-seller list. Macintosh-like interface; Dozens of new worksheet functions ; Powerful macro language; Sophisticated graphics; Comparison of Lotus 1-2-3 and Excel. INSET: PC World evaluation.;Excel face-to-face...
- Spreadsheets Q & A. Scoville, Richard // PC World;May95, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p240
Answers readers' questions about electronic spreadsheets. Windows spreadsheet with printing capabilities; Custom chart formats in Excel 5.0; Locating a value in an Excel table; Selectively erasing cells in 1-2-3; Dashed zeros in Quattro Pro.
- Spreadsheets Q&A. Scoville, Richard // PCWorld;Jun95, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p266
Provides answers to questions concerning computer spreadsheets. Ways of drawing a line from corner to corner diagonally in a cell; Means of making 1-2-3 release 4.0 for Windows read the worksheets created with Quattro Pro 6.0; Method of sharing worksheets.
- Spreadsheets Q&A. Scoville, Richard // PCWorld;Dec1995, Vol. 13 Issue 12, p328
Presents answers to reader's queries related to programs with spreadsheets. Solution for sorting shaded rows in Excel 5.0; Solution for modifying default settings in Excel 5.0; Solution for moving 2-D worksheets from Quattro Pro 4.0 to 3-D in Excel 5.0; More.
- Here's how: Spreadsheets. Walkenbach, John // PC World;Feb98, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p294
Provides information about using computer spreadsheet programs. How to get Microsoft Excel to return a blank value instead of zero; Formatting dates for the 21st century; Removing empty rows.