A Quick Breakdown of Strategic Pay
- Wage hikes holding in 4% range next year. Bertagnoli, Lisa // Crain's Chicago Business;12/11/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 51, pSB12
Reports that wage increases for union, non-union, hourly and yearly employees in Chicago, Illinois are expected to hover around 4% in 2001. Impact of low unemployment rates on projected wage increases in 2001; Need for small businesses to be more creative with compensation; Reasons behind the...
- The use of variable pay is increasing worldwide. // Corporate Board;Mar/Apr99, Vol. 20 Issue 115, p27
Highlights the findings of a study conducted by Towers Perrin showing a worldwide increase in companies that are expanding their use of variable pay programs. Strategic objective of the move to attract and retain key employees; Companies' revision of their traditional pay systems; Detection of...
- COMPENSATION SYSTEMS: A RISK-RETURN BASED CONCEPTUALIZATION. Rabin, Bonnie R. // Human Resource Management Review;Spring94, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p75
Discusses a risk return based conceptualization of compensation systems which complements compensation theory and practice. Use of financial theory; Interrelationships among pay sub-constructs; Examples of how a risk return conceptualization can be utilized in both compensation research and...
- Compensation Done the `Right' Way. Williams, Valerie L. // Workforce (10928332);Dec99, Vol. 78 Issue 12, p75
Suggests factors that are fundamental to achieving a best practice pay plan. Role of reward and recognition in attracting and retaining talent; How to find that special base pay or incentive plan; Effectiveness of benchmarking as a tool to help companies understand the competitive landscape.
- Salary increases lower this year. Torres, Giselle // Caribbean Business;10/29/1998, Vol. 26 Issue 43, p56
Reports that salary increases in Puerto Rico in 1998 is lower compared in 1997. Result of the survey conducted by Hewitt Associates on salary increases; Base salary increases in the non-manufacturing sector; Types of alternative awards.
- Link Pay to Performance. Cunningham, Sharon // Best's Review / Property-Casualty Insurance Edition;Mar1999, Vol. 99 Issue 11, p95
Examines the compensation arrangements of owners and producers. Information on owner compensation; Compensation arrangements for producers; Reason behind the move of agencies to examine their compensation plans.
- Establishing Equitable Compensation Arrangements. Kleine, Douglas M. // Association Management;Aug2000, Vol. 52 Issue 8, p157
Provides tips on how to establish equitable compensation arrangements. How to write accurate job descriptions; Attainment of salary statistics; Avoidance of setting a standard percentage increase for everyone.
- Compensating Today's Technical Professional. Risher, Howard // Research Technology Management;Jan/Feb2000, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p50
Focuses on the changes in the compensation structure of technical professionals. Replacement of traditional salary structure by broad-banding system; Shift of the focus of competency-based pay from the job to the traditional.
- EPIC: A BREAKTHROUGH IN COMPENSATION PLANNING. Schuster, Jay R.; Hart, Lewis D.; Clark, Barbara // SAM Advanced Management Journal (00360805);Summer71, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p51
Discusses how variable compensation systems can exist, what they can do, and how Extended Program for Individual Compensation (EPIC) meets these requirements. Rules of EPIC; Determination of compensation preference patterns of employees; Benefits from using EPIC.