Do Non-compete Agreements Really Protect You?
- Non-Compete Covenants Can Protect Employers. Hollander, William H. // Venulex Legal Summaries;2004 Q4, p1
The article presents a reprint of the article "Non-Compete Covenants Can Protect Employers," by William H. Hollander, which appeared in an issue of "Business First." Non-compete covenants protect employers from salespersons who exploit relationships developed while employed by one company to...
- "Noncompete" must-knows. Guttau-Fox, Heidi A. // ABA Banking Journal;Jul2010, Vol. 102 Issue 7, p16
The article offers information on the noncompete agreements in banking in the U.S. It notes that banks should examine their noncompete agreement including whether they must update it, whether incoming employers have abided the agreement from their former employers and whether they need to...
- Protecting Trade Secrets in the 70s. Glueck, William F.; Mittelstaedt, Robert A. // California Management Review;Fall1973, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p34
In an era of high employee mobility and a changing legal climate, the protection of trade secrets requires renewed attention. The authors report on a survey of executives' perceptions of trade secrets, review the legal developments of the last decade and assess the likely effectiveness of...
- You must protect knowledge of customers and markets. Schmitt, Joseph // Contractor Magazine;Jun96, Vol. 43 Issue 6, p18
Focuses on non-competition agreements. Benefits to businesses; Labor concerns.
- Managing the design of Ohio CPA covenants not-to-compete. Cenker, William J.; Lensman, Todd A. // Ohio CPA Journal;Feb97, Vol. 56 Issue 1, p34
Reviews the status of the law on noncompetition covenants in the state of Ohio. Legal validity of non-competition covenants; Determination of the enforceability of restrictive covenants; Standards for restrictive covenants; Characteristics of non-competition covenant found to be reasonable by...
- Employment noncompetition agreements: An update. Walter, Robert J. // Review of Business;Winter93/94, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p9
Examines the law on the subject of noncompetition agreements in the United States. Protectable employer interests; Activity, time and territory restrictions; Impact on employees and the public; Enforcement of noncompetition agreements; Damage awards.
- The valuation and amortization of noncompete covenants. Reilly, Robert F. // Appraisal Journal;Apr90, Vol. 58 Issue 2, p211
Discusses an approach used to value noncompete agreements. Authority for the amortization of a noncompete covenant; Profitable subsidiary comparative business valuation; Key forecast variables.
- Under contract. Bahls, Steven C.; Bahls, Jane Easter // Entrepreneur;Oct96, Vol. 24 Issue 10, p90
Reports that American companies often ask their key employees to sign noncompete agreements to protect valuable secrets. Tension between two principles of law; Balance of rights when noncompete agreements land in courts; Enforcement of agreement.
- Protect your company's proprietary information. Maynard, Roberta // Nation's Business;May96, Vol. 84 Issue 5, p11
Discusses the protection of the company's proprietary information through noncompetition agreements. Attitude of California judges toward such accords; Keeping the elements of a firm's success from being used by former owners or employees in a competing venture; Prohibition against soliciting...