Stock Options Have Their Ups & Downs
- Making the most of your stock option plan. Lucia, Ray // San Diego Business Journal;06/08/98, Vol. 19 Issue 23, p46
Discusses stock options as a valuable employee benefit in the United States. Types of stock options; Areas covered by the program; Definition of incentive stock option.
- Editor's Note. Sperling, Ed // Electronic News (10616624);9/30/2002, Vol. 48 Issue 40, p8
Comments on the use of employee stock options in the U.S.. Opinion on compensation packages given to executives; Benefits of stock options; Projection on the trend in overseas employment.
- Investment Commentary. Preston, James E. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;10/16/2000, Vol. 18 Issue 42, p41
Focuses on stock options offered to employees in the United States. Financial consequences of exercising a stock option; Comparison of incentive stock option and nonqualified stock options.
- Stocking up. Prencipe, Loretta W. // Network World;02/08/99, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p46
Discusses the use of stock options as part of employee compensation package. Determination of the value of stock options; Forfeiture provisions in stock options.
- Large companies offer stock-option plans to more employees. // HR Magazine;Aug1998, Vol. 43 Issue 9, p22
Reports on a survey conducted by William M. Mercer Inc. on the number of large companies that provided stock-option arrangements in 1997. Percentage of the 350 responding companies that provided broad-based plans.
- Stock options = happy employees, productivity. Willax, Paul A. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);04/28/2000, Vol. 47 Issue 17, p43A
Focuses on an increase in the number of firms offering ownership to employees in the United States. Growth in the number of stock option plans; Reasons behind the growth in ownership entitlements; Benefits of equity-sharing.
- A less taxing matter. Steinmetz, Barbara L. // Employee Benefit News;Sep99, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p43
Discusses income tax implications of employee stock options in the United States. Stock options as an incentive to enhance employee compensation; Two commonly utilized stock options; Determination of tax consequences of stock options.
- Adding minimal value? Jones, Llewellyn // Finance Week;03/23/2001, p20
Focuses on share option schemes offered by South African companies to their employees. Primary protagonists of the company shared option scheme; Problems presented by employee stock options; Possible negative effect of the scheme on stock markets over time.
- Stock-based compensation issues. Steinberg, Joel; Carmichael, Douglas R. // CPA Journal;Mar1998, Vol. 68 Issue 3, p52
Elaborates on the issues involved in making stock-based compensation transactions with employees. Situations that require the recording of issuance of equity options; Issues concerning the definition of employee; Issues to be considered in the provisions of SFAS Number 123; Information on the...