- Snooping Bosses. Dell, Kristina; Cullen, Lisa Takeuchi // Time International (South Pacific Edition);9/11/2006, Issue 36, p44
The article focuses on various ways employers monitor their employees' e-mail, Web searches and voice mail. According to a joint survey by Salary.com and AOL, one cannot really blame companies for watching employees' Web habits, since 45% of employees admit that surfing is their favorite time...
- Dealing with the Challenges of a Workforce on the Edge. Halcrow, Allan // Workforce (10928332);Jun99, Vol. 78 Issue 6, p8
Reflects on the story of a worker who arrived at work, bleeding from stabbed wound in the throat. Implications of the incident to United States society in general; Relevance to the issue of strategic problem solving; Its effects on human resource management.
- What to do when employees resist change. Iskat, Gregory J. // Supervision;Aug96, Vol. 57 Issue 8, p3
Presents tips to employers on how to manage employees who resist change. Providing the rationale for change; Clear communications; Explain the benefits; Obtain participative output.
- I'd fire Dilbert. Titus, Jon // Test & Measurement World;Jul98, Vol. 18 Issue 8, p9
Editorial. Looks at the reason for firing an employee who always looks at the cynical and negative side of everything. Description of employee's attitudes towards his boss and work.
- Who's worried about corporate reps? // Industrial Safety & Hygiene News;Oct2002, Vol. 36 Issue 10, p18
Reports on findings of the Corporate Credibility and Employee Communication Survey of issues that affect employee attitudes. Percentage of respondents who worry about their jobs; Concern about physical security at work; Link between a company's reputation and its employees' job performance.
- Your questions answered... // Getting Results...For the Hands-on Manager: Office Edition;Aug97, Vol. 42 Issue 8, p2
Provides advice concerning personnel management. Handling an employee who's job hunting at work; Problem with recordkeeper; Dealing with employee who tune the radio too loud.
- Turn Around Barrel Spoilers. Lanphear, Sue // Credit Union Executive Newsletter;05/08/2000, Vol. 26 Issue 15, p3
Offers advice on how to handle employee attitude problems, according to Jeff Wolf, speaker at the new York-based American Management Association's seminar on employee attitude problems.
- Give us a break. // Entrepreneur;May2009, Vol. 37 Issue 5, p56
The article offers information on the importance of giving employees the freedom in the office as long as they do not abuse their privilege.
- Rein in Rebels Without Squashing Their Spirit. // OfficePro;Mar2002, Vol. 62 Issue 2, p4
Presents a reprint of the article 'Rein in Rebels Without Squashing Their Spirit,' which appeared in an issue of the newsletter of the Professional Training Associates.