Allergies May Cause More Than Watery Eyes
- Healthy workers cost less. Fenn, Donna // Inc.;May95, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p137
Reports that healthy workers reduce costs to businesses and focuses on how Highsmith, a Fort Atkinson, Wisconsin, supplier of library products, has curbed its annual health-insurance increases to an average 3%. The company's voluntary Wellpower Plus program; Annual excess illness costs per...
- Tangible benefits for better health. Moll, L. // Vegetarian Times;Apr92, Issue 176, p22
Discusses the efforts of United States companies to control health care costs by offering financial rewards to employees who strive to stay healthy. Majority of companies either penalize tobacco users or reward nonusers; Some reward employees on positive results from wellness checkups; Examples...
- We Can Do It! Right? Durkin, Dianne // Business NH Magazine;Aug2009, Vol. 26 Issue 8, p18
The article offers tips in engaging and empowering employees in New Hampshire. During the tough economic situation, workers are the ones affected by hiring freezes. Leaders and managers should re-energize and maintain the high levels of productivity by following certain steps, including...
- Keeping a lid on health costs. Thompson, Roger // Nation's Business;Feb94, Vol. 82 Issue 2, p48
Reports on a US Chamber of Commerce survey on employers' transfer of their health care expenditures to employees. Employers' shifting of burden to employees; Decline of employers' outlay for health and dental insurance; Percentage of companies paying at least part of their employees'...
- More firms talking health care. Collins, Scott // Crain's Chicago Business;11/29/92, Vol. 16 Issue 48, pT1
Discusses the merits of holding a dialogue between the company and its employees about health care. Education of employees on the basics of health care and reforms underway in Congress; Conveyance of information about health care costs; Relation of health care costs to other kinds of costs.
- Healthy measures. Barlow, Stephanie // Entrepreneur;Jul1993, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p42
Features fitness programs for employees. Benefits of companies from medical insurance claims; Productivity increase; Reduction of absenteeism and turnover; One-day fitness program; Recommendations.
- Employees exercise to prevent injuries. Gunsch, Dawn // Personnel Journal;Jul93, Vol. 72 Issue 7, p58
Describes the exercise program for production workers that Subaru-Isuzu Automotive adopted from its Japanese parent company. Aims to prevent work-related injuries; Physical stress; Repetitive-motion work; Training procedures; On-site workout facility; Physical therapists; Economic benefits. ...
- Benefit aid offer. Kertesz, Louise // Business Insurance;7/12/93, Vol. 27 Issue 29, p7
Reports on the decision of BankAmerica Corp. to help pay for health benefits of employees in financial difficulty dismissed as a result of the company's merger with Security Pacific Corp. Nature of the health assistance; Three-week severance pay; Duration of the health benefits.
- ATTACKING ASTHMAS'S COSTS. Babcock, Pamela // HR Magazine;Jun2007, Vol. 52 Issue 6, p88
The article examines the advantages of upgrading asthma care provisions in employer-sponsored health plans. IQAir, a producer of medical filtration systems, gives its employees with asthma or allergies a free $795 room air cleaner to use at home. IQAir thinks that dealing with employees' serious...