How Do You Avoid Lawsuits?
- National Employee Screening Company Joins With M&M To Stem Growing Lawsuit Trend. // Insurance Advocate;08/28/99, Vol. 110 Issue 34, p24
Reports on the joint program of employment screening company PeopleWise LLC and Marsh Inc. to address the growing number of lawsuits connected with employee hiring practices. Statistics on hiring-related lawsuits; Services provided by PeopleWise; Products offered by PeopleWise to help employers...
- Mississippi Highway Patrol Found Guilty of Racial Discrimination. // Labor Law Journal;Jul73, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p447
This article deals with the decision of the Court of Appeals on the case of State Highway Patrol regarding biased hiring practices. The Highway Patrol was all white even though the population of Mississippi is almost 37 per cent black. The plaintiffs had asked for affirmatory relief in the form...
- California Judge Set to Name Referee in School District Suit. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;8/22/2002, Vol. 241 Issue 31455, p29
Reports the need of Orange County judge to appoint a referee on the lawsuit between the Placentia-Yorba Linda Unified School District and the Yorba Linda Redevelopment Agency in California. Judgment on the amount received by the school district; Need for the district and agency to submit...
- MEDIA NEWS. // Agri Marketing;Feb2003, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p24
Reports developments related to the agricultural industries in the U.S. as of February 2003. Lawsuit filed by People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals against the California Milk Advisory Board; Establishment of business regions for advertising by Farm Progress Companies; Selection of Don...
- Beyond Sindell: Relaxation of Cause--In--Fact Rules for Indeterminate Plaintiffs. Delgado, Richard // California Law Review;Jul82, Vol. 70 Issue 4, p881
Explores the feasibility and desirability of extending tort theories to permit recovery in the reverse-Sindell doctrine. Background on the California Supreme Court case Sindell v. Abbot Laboratories; Causal indeterminacy in the plaintiff case; Information on tort policies and extension Sindell...
- US LEGAL HAZARDS MAY THREATEN FDI. M.J. // Global Finance;Dec2002, Vol. 16 Issue 12, p11
Reports on the increasing lawsuits faced by the companies in the U.S. Queries on corporate governance; Occurrence of the Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings; Estimation of the earnings per share.
- USA They want the arrears. Mbakwe, Tom // New African;Oct2002, Issue 411, p63
Reports the lawsuits filed by the African slave descendants against several corporations for reparations for reaping profits by Black slavery in New York. Names of companies utilizing Black slavery system; Efforts of activist Deadria Farmer-Paellman to file lawsuits; Demand for the release of...
- circuit briefs. // Corporate Legal Times;Jan2003, Vol. 13 Issue 134, p56
Reports developments related to trials and legislation as of February 2003 in the U.S. Lawsuits filed against online travel Orbitz Inc. over monopoly power; Provisions of the California Business and Professions code; Support of governor Gray Davis on the California Corporate Disclosure Act.
- Southwest, ONEOK and Southern Talk...by Court Order. Cohen, Judy Radler // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;5/6/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 18, p4
Reports the discussions held by Southwest Gas Corp., ONEOK Inc. and Southern Union Co. concerning their litigation, as ordered by a U.S. court in May 2002.