Boeing Extends Health Plan to Domestic Partners
- Customized Health Plan Option Offers Boeing Employees and Families Better Benefits and Lower Costs. // Orange County Business Journal;10/24/2016, Vol. 39 Issue 43, pB-42
The article focuses on the selection by aircraft manufacturer Boeing Co. of MemorialCare Health System for a customized health plan option in California. Topics covered include the purpose of the Preferred Partnership option, the partnership established by MemorialCare with other health care...
- Getting money off the table. // Pensions & Investments;8/18/2008, Vol. 36 Issue 17, p10
The article reports about benefit plan neglected by employees of Boeing Co., who represent the International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers union. It informs that the neglect by employees is leaving free an estimated $11.5 million in 2007 by Boeing. It mentions that 15% of the...
- Benefit banes for small businesses. McShulskis, Elaine // HRMagazine;Oct97, Vol. 42 Issue 10, p25
Reports that the cost of health benefits is the number one challenge facing small businesses, according to respondents to a survey of Wall Street Journal subscribers. Findings of the survey; Percentage of the respondents who agree that benefits are a key factor in retaining good employees;...
- Cost-Saving Tips For Health Plans. Buss, Dale D. // Nation's Business;May99, Vol. 87 Issue 5, p30
Suggests strategies to consider to reduce the impact of rising health premium increases based on suggestions from business people and experts in employee benefits. Suggestion from Randall Abbott, senior consultant for Watson Wyatt Worldwide, if premium increases are too hefty; Impact of...
- Overreaction to cost shifting. // Business Insurance;03/13/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 11, p8
Comments on the baseless strike staged by union engineers of Boeing Co. over the company's request that they share in the cost of their health care. Failure of workers to see the benefits of the shared health care expenditure; Other matters preventing the Society of Professional Engineering...
- Quality Also Counts For 'The Other Health Plans.' Nosewicz, Jerry // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;10/23/2000, Vol. 104 Issue 43, pS-12
Reports on the demand of employees in the United States for dental and vision benefits. Problems faced by employers; Importance of the benefits to employees.
- Corporate fitness. Strohl, Lydia // Executive Report;Jul96, Vol. 14 Issue 11, p62
Focuses on the value to companies of corporate fitness benefits for employees. Anecdotal evidence for improvement of productivity and morale; Comments from managers of fitness centers and of companies that have corporate fitness benefits.
- Health and safety. // People Management;1/12/1995, Vol. 1 Issue 1, p20
Presents several issues regarding health and safety of employees. Reduction in employers' compulsory insurance cover for work-related injury and ill-health; Introduction of work stimulator in Great Britain; Amount received by trade unionists who suffered injury or ill-health as a result of...
- Categories of Services and Products. // Employee Benefit News;2007 Benefits Sourcebook, Vol. 20, p36
A directory for companies offering employee health insurance services in the U.S. is presented.