HONORING CHIEF JUDGE JUDITH S. KAYE
- DEDICATION. Kaplan, Roberta A. // Albany Law Review;2007, Vol. 70 Issue 3, p799
The article presents a tribute Chief Judge Judith S. Kaye of New York. The author recalls serving as a clerk for Judge Kaye, in which she came to know her as a result of working through arguments in briefs, as well as drafting opinions. She considers the mentoring she received from Kaye as her...
- NOW AND ALWAYS OUR CHIEF: THE HONORABLE JUDITH S. KAYE. OueUette, Alicia R. // Albany Law Review;2007, Vol. 70 Issue 3, p815
The article talks about the reappointment of Judge Judith S. Kaye as Chief Judge of the State of New York. According to the author, the assumption of the judge's reappointment spoke to her overwhelming success as a jurist and a leader of the courts. She claims that the status of Kaye as the most...
- CHIEF JUDGE JUDITH S. KAYE: A VISIONARY THIRD BRANCH LEADER. Lippman, Jonathan // New York University Law Review;Jun2009, Vol. 84 Issue 3, p655
The article announces the retirement of Judith as chief judge at the New York Court of Appeals.
- SYMPOSIUM: CHIEF JUSTICES DISCUSS STATE COURTS AND STATE CONSTITUTIONAL LAW IN THE 21ST CENTURY. Kaye, Judith S. // Albany Law Review;2007, Vol. 70 Issue 3, p825
The article presents the text of a speech by New York Chief Judge Judith S. Kaye, delivered at symposium on state courts and state constitutional law on February 16, 2007. She talks about the closing of the two-week session of the Court of Appeals in Albany. She announces her renomination as...
- `Father of the constitution.' Boyer, Candace // Cobblestone;Mar1996, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p8
Reports on the signatories of the Constitution of the United States and the role of James Madison in its conception. Historical background of the period of James Madison; Process of how the constitution was made; Participation of James Madison in the creation of the constitution as a...
- 'FATHER OF THE CONSTITUTION'. Boyer, Candace // Cobblestone;Dec2007, Vol. 28 Issue 9, p18
The article illustrates why James Madison is called the Father of the U.S. Constitution.
- TO FORM A MORE PERFECT UNION... // Education Week;9/24/2014, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p4
A photograph is presented of Kenny Boyers, principal of Cub Run Elementary School in Penn Laird, Virginia, dressed as former U.S. President James Madison as part of a U.S. Constitution Day program.
- THE DEVELOPMENT OF INDEPENDENT NEW YORK CONSTITUTIONAL JURISPRUDENCE IN CHIEF JUDGE KAYE'S JUDICIAL OPINIONS: AN EMPIRICAL STUDY. Eddy, Gordon // Albany Law Review;2008, Vol. 71 Issue 4, p1137
The author discusses a study on the success of the efforts of former New York State Court of Appeals Chief Judge Judith S. Kaye to determine how much independent state constitutional jurisprudence she was able to advance since she was named in the said position in 1993. He discusses the...
- State's top judge draws bench strength from gender. Daly, Ross // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);4/20/2007, Vol. 54 Issue 17, p8A
The article focuses on New York State Court of Appeals Chief Justice Judith Kaye's encouragement on women's abilities. Kaye observed the minimal position of women in law history after graduating in 1962, thus she encourages women to dream large and to overcome the obsolete concept of sexism. Her...