- Clamping devices for speed and precision machining. Madison, James // Tech Directions;Feb97, Vol. 56 Issue 7, p38
No abstract available.
- The principles of sound workholder design. // Modern Machine Shop;May95, Vol. 67 Issue 12, p82
Discusses the selection, application and operation of toggle clamps. Locating functions; Designing a locating system; Rule for locating; Duplicate location; Foolproofing the location; Setting and positioning locators; Clamping forces.
- Strap clamps and high-rise clamps. Hoffman, Edward G. // Modern Machine Shop;Feb96, Vol. 68 Issue 9, p114
Describes the use of various clamps. Clamp design; Appropriateness of strap clamps; High-rise clamps.
- Heavy-duty clamps. // Modern Machine Shop;Feb96, Vol. 68 Issue 9, p264
Features Carr Lane Manufacturing Co.'s line of heavy-duty toggle clamps. Holding capability; Specifications.
- Quick-acting screw clamps. Hoffman, Edward G. // Modern Machine Shop;Apr96, Vol. 68 Issue 11, p118
Describes how screw clamps are used, and their effectiveness. Importance of speed clamping; Clamps that apply pressure thought to be the most secure clamps; Disadvantage of using these clamps; Different styles of quick-acting screw clamps; How to insert screw clamps; Description and functions of...
- Variations on a C-clamp. Hoffman, Edward G. // Modern Machine Shop;Oct96, Vol. 69 Issue 5, p116
Discusses the availability of several variations for C-clamps. Design of the clamps; Sizes of heat treated clamps; Champing pressure of regular duty clamps.
- From locking pliers to general purpose clamps. Hoffman, Edward G. // Modern Machine Shop;Nov96, Vol. 69 Issue 6, p112
Focuses on the evolution of clamping devices. Locking pliers; Overall utility and functionality; General purpose clamp; Sheet metal clamp.
- T-handle clamps. // Modern Machine Shop;Dec96, Vol. 69 Issue 7, p227
Features the Kant-Twist T handle clamps. Specifications; Availability; Contact information.
- Classic clamps. Bock, Gordon // Old House Journal;Mar/Apr93, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p62
Offers suggestions for the right clamp to use in every situation. Hand screws (parallel clamps); C-clamps; Bar and pipe clamps; Edge and combination clamps (universal clamps); Names and addresses for supplier; Details.