Sanding bench with built in dust extraction
- Tools for ergonomics: Adjustable workbenches. // Material Handling Engineering;Sep97 Supplement, Vol. 52, pA/8
Provides tips on how to choose adjustable workbenches. Includes the name of workbench manufacturers in the United States; Factors that must be considered when choosing a workbench; Workbench vendors' advice to help design a workplace.
- A portable workbench. // Mother Earth News;Oct/Nov91, Issue 128, p88
Furnishes information on building a solid, stable workbench that folds up for outdoor use. Materials; Dimensions; Diagrams for assembly.
- Great cabinets from discarded appliances. Fry, E.D. // Woodworker's Journal;Sep/Oct95, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p13
Features a tip on the reusability of old washing machine and dryer cabinets as a workbench for woodworking. Use as support for bench-mounted tools.
- Approaching the bench. Taylor, Jeff // Harrowsmith Country Life (11908416);Apr97, Vol. 21 Issue 133, p67
Recommends the purchasing of workbenches rather than building them in Canada. Shortcuts for workbench manufacture; Benefits derived from workbench acquisition; Disadvantages of a homebuilt workbenches. INSET: Money to burn but too busy to build?, by Dwight Hamilton..
- Groovy. // Woodworker's Journal;Jan/Feb94, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p10
Recommends cutting of grooves across the front of a workbench to help keep small parts and tools from rolling off the edge. Cutting of the groove using the router and an edge-guide.
- The Downdraft Workbench. White, Rick // Woodworker's Journal;Apr2002, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p38
Features a workbench with a belt-in downdraft table for woodworking. Advantages and usability; Working procedure; Materials used. INSET: Flattening a benchtop.
- Easy, fast workbench cleanup. Cebulla, A. G. // Woodworker's Journal;Sep/Oct94, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p14
Provides tips on how to immediately cleanup a workbench. Placement of a hole on top of the workbench; Use of a vacuum in cleaning the workbench.
- Twin-Screw Workbench. Bunn, Steven // American Woodworker;Apr/May2013, Issue 165, p38
The article offers step-by-step instruction for making a twin-screw wooden workbench.
- Where to put the bench. // British Woodworking;Nov2013, Issue 39, p17
The article offers suggestions on the location of a workbench for woodworking by emphasizing on the benefits of being able to work at both sides of a bench.