Americans Not Prepared for Disability…
- Returning social security beneficiaries to the work force: A proactive disability management model. Shrey, Donald E.; Bangs, Stephen A. // Rehabilitation Counseling Bulletin;Mar91, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p257
Presents a multidisciplinary disability management model used to assist Social Security Disability Insurance (DI) beneficiaries to return to work. Background information; Statistics; Beneficiaries and benefits; Implications.
- What you should know if an employee suffers disabling injury. // Las Vegas Business Press;8/28/95, Vol. 12 Issue 34, p22
Discusses the United States Social Security Administration's programs for employees with disabilities. Social Security Disability Insurance; Supplemental Security Income; Benefits provided by both programs; Applying for the programs.
- The Disability Dance. Sieder, Jill Jordan // Arthritis Today;Jul/Aug2000, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p52
Discusses the process of applying for Social Security Disability Insurance. Disability benefit insurance programs offered by the United States Social Security Administration; Qualifications for the program; Ways to maintain the disability status. INSETS: THE `DANCE,' STEP BY STEP;IS THE...
- DISABILITY DISTRESS. // Government Executive;May2002, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p64
Focuses on the disability benefits program of the Social Security Administration in the U.S. Cost of operating budget; Provision of financial assistance to disabled persons; Questions regarding the administration of disability programs.
- Report to Congress on rising cost of Social Security Disability Insurance benefits. // Social Security Bulletin;Spring96, Vol. 59 Issue 1, p67
Presents the results conducted by the US Social Security Administration submitted to the US Congress on the rising cost of Social Security Disability Insurance (DI) benefits. Growth in the incidence of disability among the eligible population; Impact of the interaction of various factors on the...
- Affordable experts help Social Security applicants. Enteen, Robert // Inside MS;Fall93, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p14
Reports on the availability of Social Security representative professionals who help disabled people with the paperworks needed for the Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) and Supplemental Security Income (SSI). Privileges and requirements under SSDI; Contact information of the Social...
- Evaluation of Social Security Disability in Claimants with Rheumatic Disease. Liang, Mathhew H.; Daltroy, Lawren H.; Larson, Martin G.; Partridge, Alison J.; Abeles, Micha; Taylor, Carol; Fossel, Anne H. // Annals of Internal Medicine;7/1/91, Vol. 115 Issue 1, p26
Compares the Social Security Administration's (SSA) judgment of disability with uninvolved rheumatologists' evaluations of ability to work. Information on the disability programs of the SSA; Determination of claimant's ability to work; Determination of disability by the SSA.
- Disability process redesign: The proposal from the SSA disability process reengineering team. // Social Security Bulletin;Summer94, Vol. 57 Issue 2, p51
Presents a summary of the Disability Process Reengineering Team's proposal, designed to improve the Social Security Administration's (SSA) overall service to its customers while enriching and improving the worklives of its employees. Redesign of disability programs under the Old-Age, Survivors,...
- Job patterns of disabled beneficiaries. Hennessey, John C. // Social Security Bulletin;Winter96, Vol. 59 Issue 4, p3
Explores the job patterns of disabled-worker beneficiaries covered under the US Social Security Administration's Disability Insurance program. Job patterns as a dynamic process; Event histories; First event after entitlement; First job; Type of first job; Reasons for leaving the job; Events...