Courage and Mirrors
- 40,000 CFP Professionals in the United States... // Journal of Financial Planning;Jan2003, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p25
This article reveals that the number of U.S. certified financial planner (CFP) certificants officially reached 40,335 at the end of September 2002, according to the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards Inc. A Merrill Lynch financial advisor, Teresa Lee, became the 40,00th U.S. CFP...
- Reader Spotcheck. // Journal of Financial Planning;Jan2003, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p29
This article presents the results of a survey of financial planners in the United States, as of November 25, 2002. The survey reveals that 17.4 percent of financial planners spend 1-2 hours prospecting for clients. And few financial planners makes use of separately managed accounts with clients....
- Bearing Up Under the Bear. Lee, Shelley A. // Journal of Financial Planning;Jan2003, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p48
This article reveals the working conditions of financial planners in the United States as of January 2005, three years into the stock market downturn. Judy Shine, chief financial planner (CFP) of Shine Investments in Denver, Colorado stated that she was exhausted, fried and frustrated. She felt...
- The game changer. Tucker, Jye // Money Management;1/26/2012, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p17
The author discusses the significance of scaled device in helping financial planners show clients what kind of lifestyle they can expect in retirement in Australia. The author cites that scaled device and its accompanying technology have made super advice free and personal and allowed better...
- FAISing in investment advice. // Finance Week;6/9/2003, p52
Examines the quality of investment advice that financial planners are expected to give their clients according to the Financial Advisory & Intermediary Services (FAIS) Act of South Africa. Consideration of the legal risk of the advice given; Skills that financial planners must have; Distinction...
- Corporate advisers should be FSA-regulated - Pensions Institute. // Corporate Adviser (Online Edition);10/11/2012, p2
The article offers information on a new report from the Pensions Institute of Great Britain which states that Corporate pension advisers should be regulated in the same way as individual independent financial advisors (IFAs). The regulation is also critical of consultant-providers who are...
- TIMETABLE FOR DEPOLARISATION. // Money Marketing;12/2/2004, p2
Presents the timetable for depolarization related to independent financial advisers in Great Britain.
- Caveat Adviser. Clark, Bob // Financial Planning;Nov2004, Vol. 34 Issue 11, p35
Discusses the challenges faced by financial planners in the U.S. as of November 2004. Role of asset allocation service providers in financial planning; Factors that reflect the integrity of a financial advisor; Ways to evaluate a client's portfolio of investments.
- Keep on learning. Womack, Stephen // Money Marketing;10/31/2013, p37
The author claims that being a part of the judging panel for the Personal Finance Society's chartered financial planner awards offered him a valuable insight into how some of the elite in the profession operate.