- Top Knobs is US bound. // Cabinet Maker;06/19/98, Issue 5093, p26
Reports on Top Knobs' introduction of its Halkyn range of matching handles and knobs for kitchen use. Features of the handles; Expansion of its distribution network into the United States.
- BRASS BAUBLES. // Veranda;Sep2011, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p70
The article presents information on several brass knobs and handles including Katonah Architectural Hardwares's Baren Collection, Sherle Wagner's intricate Grape relief, and Monogrammed Knob from Nanz.
- Opening Doors. Petroski, Henry // American Scientist;Mar/Apr2012, Vol. 100 Issue 2, p112
The article discusses the design of doorknobs which, no matter what the shape, are a continuum of levers. Topics covered include mechanisms of turning a round doorknob, including frictional force, developing grip between the hand and a round doorknob, and door levers that were patented in 1985...
- Turning Knobs, Handles and Wheels. Conover, Ernie // Woodworker's Journal;Dec2015, Vol. 39 Issue 6, p24
The article offers the author's insights regarding his process of making his owned handmade components of furniture and his techniques for handles, wheels and turning knobs. Topics discussed include the attachment of knobs with the machine screws, the turned handles made from the scraps, and the...
- Jergens, Inc. publishes new handwheels, handles & knobs catalog. // Ornamental & Miscellaneous Metal Fabricator;Mar/Apr2007, Vol. 48 Issue 2, p79
The article reports on Jergen's release of its new handwheels, handles and knobs catalog. The standard tooling components and specialty fastener products manufacturer's 64-page catalog is comprised of three product sections with technical information on materials, schematic drawings, photographs...
- Creative knobs & handles. Renshaw, Hande // Australian Women's Weekly;Nov2015, Vol. 85 Issue 11, p216
The article offers information on several knobs and handles for drawers and cupboards including the Ceramic melon knob in Big Flower Daniela from Trinca-Ferro, Celine glass drawer pulls from Laura Ashley and Ferrasse fluted crystal knobs from Mother of Pearl & Sons.
- New turns with old knobs. // Better Homes & Gardens;Mar1996, Vol. 74 Issue 3, p174
Provides tips on what to do with old dresser knobs and doorknobs. Mounting the doorknobs on a piece of painted wood to function as a coat and umbrella rack; Screwing the dresser knobs into a shelf to hold plates; Attaching the knobs into a cornice board to hold swags.
- NO MORE KNOBS. // World (0888157X);12/14/2013, Vol. 28 Issue 25, p23
The article reports on the phase-in ban of the city government of Vancouver, British Columbia on all doorknobs and required builders to use lever-action handles.
- Knobs of glass, pewter, brass, and stone will open many doors. Choices range from a lifelike... Shaw, Sarah // House Beautiful;May96, Vol. 138 Issue 5, p25
Features several door knobs. Description; Pricing; Designers; Contact information.