- GUS has direct marketing clout that Argos' dreams are made of. Pitcher, George // Marketing Week (01419285);4/16/1998, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p21
Focuses on Great Universal Stores (GUS) bid for Argos store. Details on the bid for the store; Information on the benefits of the deal to Argos; Background information on GUS; Information on Argos.
- Argos calls in agencies for secret project. // Marketing Week;1/28/1999, Vol. 21 Issue 46, p10
Reports that Great Britain catalogue shopping chain Argos is talking to advertising agencies about a project which has not been disclosed. Denial that discussions with agencies signify dissatisfaction with incumbent agency Ogilvy & Mather; Hostile takeover by Great Universal Stores; Search for...
- What's the future for Argos? Stanton, Justin // Housewares;Sep/Oct98, Issue 142, p10
Looks at the future of Britain's largest catalog retailer Argos, after acquisition by Great Universal Stores, and its impact on the housewares industry. GUS' plans for Argos; Impact on suppliers; Housewares as minor sector to both firms.
- GUS looks for Argos synergies. // Housewares;Jan/Feb99, Issue 144, p6
Reports on the financial performance of houseware retailer Great Universal Stores for the first half of 1999. Drop in pre-tax profits; Plan to combine the Argos catalog with home shopping business; Launch of home delivery service in the northwest.
- Argos runs Web ads for delivery services. // New Media Age;10/28/2004, p3
This article reports on the online delivery services marketed by retailer Argos with a seasonal advertising (ad) push. The ads aim to inform consumers of delivery options on argos.co.uk. Orders from the site can be posted to their door or shoppers can opt for Click and Collect, which involves...
- COMPANY CV: Argos. // Marketing (00253650);7/17/2003, p54
Argos is one of six businesses that comprise the Argos Retail Group, a subsidiary of Great Universal Stores PLC. Argos has more than 523 stores throughout Great Britain and Ireland, carrying more than 9200 products. Founded in 1973, Argos was a pioneer of catalogue retailing. The company...
- Battle brews over metromail sale. // Catalog Age;04/15/98, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p7
Announces that Great Universal Stores Plc, a British catalog/retail giant, was trying to purchase Metromail Corporation. Amount of money Great Universal Stores was willing to pay for the company; Corporate information on Metromail; Comments from Lord Wolfson, chairman of Great Universal Stores.
- Lillian Vernon goes to England. P.M. // Catalog Age;Nov98, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p6
Presents information on a test mailing which was launched by Lillian Vernon company into the United Kingdom, through a joint venture with Great Universal Stores (GUS) of Manchester. Business operations and value of Lillian; Purpose of the test mailing; Information on the agreements in the deal.
- GUS seeks agencies for online operation. Watts, Jenny // Campaign;09/15/2000, Issue 37, p3
Reports on catalog shopping company Great Universal Stores' search for media and creative agencies to handle the international media and advertising business for its flagship online store. Company's effort to boost the profile of its shoppersuniverse.com site; Retail and home shopping brands in...