Thin Client, Thick Rewards?
- Startups counting on need for next-generation tools. Moser, Karen D. // PC Week;11/8/93, Vol. 10 Issue 44, p81
Reports on three companies offering advanced technology in client/server applications. Forte Software Inc.; Dynasty Technologies Inc.; Montage Software Inc.; Description of application-development tools PowerBuilder, SQLWindows, Forte, Dynasty, and Montage; Prices; Contact information.
- EVS Announces New XT3 Server. Hallinger, Mark // TV Technology;5/30/2012, Vol. 30 Issue 12, p14
The article reports that Belgium-based EVS announced the new XT3 server at its NAB Show press conference.
- Riding technology's hottest new bandwagon. Amoroso, Alfred J. // Best's Review / Property-Casualty Insurance Edition;Aug94, Vol. 95 Issue 4, p92
Focuses on the use of client/server technology by insurance companies. Client/server's offer of an effective way to align state-of-the-art microprocessor technology with today's business needs; Use of client/server to consolidate all branch office claims operations; Use of client/server to give...
- The next client/server application is in the mail, and it's a killer. Dodge, John // PC Week;4/12/93, Vol. 10 Issue 14, p3
Discusses the entry of client/server computing into nontraditional areas. Microsoft's E-Forms as symbol of the trend; Deep connectivity at many levels and support on multiple platforms.
- How client/server is reshaping the HRIS. Hunter, Terry L. // Personnel Journal;Jan96 Supplement New Product, Vol. 75 Issue 1, p11
Reports on the use of the client/server technologies available and how they can help make fundamental changes in a business. Comparison between client/server architecture and client/server platform; Other related details.
- Managing the people side of technology. Bowman, Linda // BusinessWest;May96, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p43
Focuses on the use of client/server architecture in business management. Changes in organizations' communication systems; Preparations for CSA transition; Creativity among the workforce in a CSA environment.
- It's time to get serious about business rules. Comaford, Christine // PC Week;2/20/95, Vol. 12 Issue 7, p77
Advocates the utilization of business rules. Capturing, applying and enhancing business rules; Placing business rules on a server; Business rules as intellectual property of a corporation.
- When worlds collide. Branda, Dan // Business Quarterly;Spring94, Vol. 58 Issue 3, The Information... p89
Discusses the increasing use of client/server computing in Canadian business. Role for mainframes in some businesses; Networks' role in every client/server environment; Need of consistent guidelines throughout the company; Advantages of using currently-installed cables; Guidelines in...
- Sharing work via computers. Carrier, Marcel // Business Quarterly;Spring94, Vol. 58 Issue 3, The Information... p121
Focuses on the increasing importance of client/server computing in information processing. Networking technology's focus on accommodating wide and divergent groups; Integration of voice, data and image; Asynchronous transfer mode; Importance of network management in networking; Database...