Blair Underwood Makes His Breaks In Hollywood With Mystery Novel, 'Casanegra'
- Casanegra: A Tennyson Hardwick Story. // Publishers Weekly;5/14/2007, Vol. 254 Issue 20, p34
The article reviews the book "Casanegra: A Tennyson Hardwick Story," by Blair Underwood with Tananarive Due and Steven Barnes.
- Getting clued in: Series are serious. Langstaff, Margaret // Publishers Weekly;10/23/1995, Vol. 242 Issue 43, p44
Focuses on mystery series as a popular aspect of mystery writers. Reason for fear of launching of new series by publishers; Trends observed toward more targeted series; Prominence of the mature sleuth in the new wave of mystery series; Popularity of historical mystery among mystery editors. ...
- Casanegra. Day, Adrienne // Entertainment Weekly;6/22/2007, Issue 940, p75
The article presents a review of the book "Casanegra," by Blair Underwood with Tananarive Due and Steven Barnes.
- Man of Steel. FINLEY, TARYN // Essence (Time Inc.);Sep2013, Vol. 44 Issue 5, p73
The article focuses on stage actor Blair Underwood who is remaking "Ironside," a detective series of 1960 which was broadcasted on National Broadcasting Co. (NBC). It informs about various other works done by him including "Sex and the City," "Madea's Family Reunion," and "The Event." It further...
- CASANEGRA. // Kirkus Reviews;6/1/2007, Vol. 75 Issue 11, p530
The article reviews the book "Casanegra," by Blair Underwood, with Tananarive Due and Steven Barnes.
- Black Mystery Writers Panel. // New York Amsterdam News;10/28/95, Vol. 86 Issue 43, p33
Reports on the holding of the second Annual Black Mystery Writers' Panel.
- Opera Composer? Mantell, Suzanne // Publishers Weekly;11/22/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 47, p28
Features mystery fiction author William Lashner and his literary works. Definition of opera; Books included in the mystery series of Lashner; Reason for nominating Lashner as a rising mystery writer; Career background.
- BOOTLEG GOLD. Case, Robert Ormond // Saturday Evening Post;3/26/1955, Vol. 227 Issue 39, p49
The article presents the last part of a series of the novel "Bootleg Gold," about a bootleg operation of gangsters to gain power in Moscow, Russia. It relates the speculations and apprehensions of the gangsters and the accomplices on the possible outcome of their operation. The story also...
- Remembering City of Angels. Murray, Cori // Essence (Time Inc.);Sep2012, Vol. 43 Issue 5, p92
Several photographs of black actors who starred in the show "City of Angels," are presented, including Maya Rudolph, Hill Harper, and Blair Underwood.