Phone, Financial Gains Bolster Charter
- Will Stocks of Cable Ever Be Stable? Robichaux, Mark // Multichannel News;8/25/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 33, p32
The author reflects on the implications of the instability of cable stocks for cable operators in the U.S. He mentions that in 2007, stocks had a 28% decline, an increase by 40% in 2006 and down 10% in 2005 and 8% decrease in 2004. He explains that the up-and-down stock price would give cable...
- NUE-TV's Painful Waiting Game. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;7/9/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 28, p2
Reports on the moves undertaken by New Urban Entertainment-Television in continuing major financial investment in the United States. Termination of employees in the production and administration department; Determination to pursue business operations; Negotiations with AOL Time Warner Inc. for...
- Channnel 5 program budget to rise 50%. // Daily Variety;11/07/2000, Vol. 269 Issue 47, p8
Reports the increase of the program budget of Channel 5, a cable television network in Great Britain.
- All systems go for Cablevision. Kolodny, Lord // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;2/28/2006, Vol. 393 Issue 17, p11
The article reports that Cablevision Systems Corp. on Monday reported fourth-quarter earnings that exceeded Wall Street estimates as it continued to sign up advanced service customers and its basic cable subscriber count grew for a seventh consecutive quarter. Cablevision shares closed up 5% on...
- TWC Delivers Strong Q4. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;1/31/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p4
The article reports on the financial performance of American cable television company Time Warner Cable Inc. (TWC) in the fourth quarter of 2010. During the period, revenue increased by 5.9% to 4.8 billion dollars, with an operating income of 1.7 billion dollars. Its free cash flow by 58% to 665...
- COMCAST FAST LANE. Oppelaar, Justin // Daily Variety;02/27/2001, Vol. 270 Issue 61, p6
Details the financial performance of Comcast Corp. in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Impact of the fast rollout of digital cable services; Number of subscribers; Increase of cash flow for the shopping network QVC.
- For The Record. // Multichannel News;08/14/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 33, p51
Presents news from the United States cable television industry, as of August 2000. MTV: Music Television; Comedy Central; Charter Communications Inc. and Vulcan Ventures Inc.; SoftNet Systems Inc.
- Launches. // CableFAX Daily;12/13/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 240, p1
The article presents an update on the cable television industry as of December 2005. Comcast has launched voice over Internet protocol across the United States. Charter has introduced Mexico 22 and Once Mexico television networks of Altera'TV in several of its systems. DirecTV has rolled out...
- SoapNet surfaces on Charter, Cox. // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;02/29/2000, Vol. 361 Issue 49, p8
Reports that Disney/ABC Cable Networks has signed an agreement with Charter Communications and Cox Communications for its 24-hour soap opera channel SoapNet.